Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought my first motorcycle. It's a 79 cx500. I am planning a cafe racer conversion. First off I want to do pod filters and straight pipe it and rejet the carbs. But what can I do with the battery to hide it after I get rid of the factory air box and everything else in that area. I am planning on a flat seat so under the hump in the seat isn't an option. Any ideas? Any specific batteries that are smaller and easier to hide? Also wiring? Any wiring harness I can buy to simplify this? Help me out here. I'm new to this.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Oh, boy....

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Do you realise you have very close to absolutely zero chance of ending up with a cool looking CX that runs 1/2 right, going by your professed skill set?

Instead of butchering a CX so it matches your jeans, just try riding the C(x)ucker. It's smart to become a street riding survivor, before trying to out-Lagerfeld Lagerfeld in the café racer department. Lagerfeld is out anyway, but you get my drift.

There is more effort, expertise, experience and planning involved in making a simple D/e/M or Munchedwonkii style bike that you realise.

Grass Hopper, the simple bike you seek requires a long journey through the chilly forest of poverty and sharing ramen noodles with diverse students of the school of life. And when you arrive at the shore, your toils and tribulations are seen as but a lesson in the demonic power of confusion and complexity, hidden by a veil of simplicity.

Leave the battery where it belongs, the carbs where they belong and the box that airs them. Don't hackasaw the mufflers off, your neighbour may be armed to the teeth and unable to pay for the required meds.

Danger, is my business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts