Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of Cycle X motors? How bout their carb and ignition system?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Ken at cycle-x is a stand up guy. and some of their products are really innovative and well made. I have no experience with their ignition system. Their carb system looks good and is functional. Also it uses better carbs than stock honda, but it is not a performance setup in the traditional sense. Design wise performance favors individual carbs and for a few dollars more I would rather have Kehin CRs than the dual mukuni's on anything but a dedicated drag rig.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have had a number of good, long and technically detailed conversations with Ken. And he seems to know his stuff. I have often looked at and contemplated buying some of the various things he produces and sells, but never have. There is a [url="http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=58101.0"discussion over at the SOHC forum[/url] about how his 850cc piston kits might suck, but there are a lot of variables going into that one.

I personally am interested to see how his con rods stack up as a low-cost yet substantial upgrade for a highly modified CB750 motor.

Peace and grease,
-fang

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I like his triple trees setup he makes. I know he's more chopper/bobber then cafe but he does have a little cafe section. It'd be cool if he had a CR design tank, some rearsets and clipons. I mean he's got a boatload of engine performance stuff. Not to mention his triple tree pictures show them with clipons. His shop is like an hour south from me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If it's a normal K there will be some clearance issues . To get it to work is a real bitch and then getting pods to fit is another story . There's a few threads on the SOHC.net about it . 1 or 2 guys got it to fit but had to make their own king of pod to go on the carbs . I was also considering it but after seeing how much of a bitch it was to install I thought it would be just better to buy a set of used CRs ( which can be a bitch too in their own way ) or rebuild my Keihins . However if I do ever throw my CB in a bobber frame I would use his setup . Come to think of it , you can call Ken himself ( really good dude ) and he'll fill you in himself .

·
Registered
692 Posts
If it's a normal K there will be some clearance issues . To get it to work is a real bitch and then getting pods to fit is another story . There's a few threads on the SOHC.net about it . 1 or 2 guys got it to fit but had to make their own king of pod to go on the carbs . I was also considering it but after seeing how much of a bitch it was to install I thought it would be just better to buy a set of used CRs ( which can be a bitch too in their own way ) or rebuild my Keihins . However if I do ever throw my CB in a bobber frame I would use his setup . Come to think of it , you can call Ken himself ( really good dude ) and he'll fill you in himself .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts