Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Was it that one in FL? Who is Melvin?

Sure . . . Just go to LRRS and never come back. Leave us. Now you're a modern guy. sure.

s

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
since aarons not going to tell us, jb, could you please elaborate?? what year. i knew it wouldnt be long. just the other night he was actually calling me to get chris' number to try and persuade him to sell his. hey aaron, nice racing with you. enjoy the lrrs guys. i hear theyre real fun.

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did call Chris and said said Chris your definately out riding your bike and you should sell to me.

Johnny Branson is lying and I didn't buy no such thing.

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
man, now that sounds like an outright lie right there. i emailed tex and told him to keep an eye out for one for you. i'll see him sunday and mention it again. i dont know what to actually think of you on an rs125. it might be kind of disturbing. oh yeah, jb, ive been told youre too fat and too tall to ride an rs125. apparently if youre over 5'4", or more then 105 lbs, youre too big. now mary on the other hand....

jc

jc

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
the melvins played wednesday. thanks a lot dalton

the reverend is playing in portland on the 24th. probably go to that.

oh yeah, nice bike

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
JC,
Your momma doesn't think I'm too tall or fat!

They make "big man" parts for the RS. Zack is probably only a couple inches shorter than me and maybe 20 lbs lighter and he goes pretty good.

I wanna see the next incarnation of the RS125, supposedly Honda is dumping the 125 two stroke for a 250cc four valve single. Should be interesting.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Aaron,
Along with the steady move away from two strokes by the entire industry rumor has it that Honda plans a water cooled, 4 stroke, four or five valve 250cc single. Probably in the area of 40hp, probably a bit heavier than the RS. Think 1 cylinder MotoGP bike. I'm guessing a RR version of their CRF250R dirt bike engine.
Lap times might be on par with the RS considering the more usable powerband it's bound to have. I'd guess the price on new examples might be more than the RS due to the complexity of a four stroke.

I think they would have been better served to perfect 2 stroke direct injection. That's probably things are headed in the next ten years if anyone can truly perfect the system on something larger than a 50cc. Although Honda is not usually behind in any kind of technology so if they are going with four strokes it may be because they just don't think direct injection if feasible.

If MotoGP bikes are any indication, with 240hp/litre then you could see maybe 50-60 hp out of a 250 single four stroke. In a 180 lb package that would be some fun.
JohnnyB

PS. Just did a little research. The CRF250R dirt bike makes 42 rear wheel hp...figure if they used it in the RR bike they would give up some low end and probably get an easy 45hp. Most well tuned RS125 (2000 and later) make 44-48 hp. So it's a little heavier, about the same hp, but I figure with 4 stroke torque is a wash on the track.

Edited by - jbranson on Sep 17 2004 4:21:21 PM

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also just so you know... or just so it chaps your bottom, Sonjas buying the RS for me.

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
wow, i guess you really do have a big one. jd was right. hey, chris said his fork tubes are 31mm. so your 35mm was wrong. just thought id let you know. nice looking scoot dude. it looks lilke an older one with modern glass. just judging by the fork tubes. what are you getting with it?? warmers?? extra wheels?? any pistons or cyls?? jetting?? just curious.

me

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
oh yeah, be sure to bring it to summit to run with the mod boys. i wanna see what you can do with it. unless youre going to totally go through it before you ride it. it looks ready to go though. and hey, call mike. hes comming down on friday. you guys should hook up. jeremy, you gonna come down and crew. we can get drunked up saturday night together. hope you can make it.

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know you can't see anything around you cause your head is stuck in Chris's sphincter, but you might want to look in to the different years and what size clipons each used.

I will let you know what it comes with after tomorrow, I know it comes with rains and spares but that's all I know.

Aaron

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Joe,
Have you called Chris to confirm this yet?

Aaron

Edited by - aaron on Sep 17 2004 11:56:28 PM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
95-02's have 44mm phuckin fork tubes..holy mother of god that's big. Inverted forks?

Damn I gotta get one. If your woman saw how huge I was she'd buy me two of them.

I could fit one inside each one of my giant balls.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I writeing music now, my first song is called... "Joe is gay, joe is gay".

Also Johnny that makes sense cause Sonja has been asking me to help her find two more rs125's.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 45 Posts