Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
normally I'd consider such an open invite to be in poor form, but I've posted a few of your bikes, from here, on Cycleworld's forum and cordially invite any and all of you to mix it up with DE and his staff of merry motorcycle freaks.

Ya never know, maybe he'll run one of your own in the American Flyer Section. There is a "show us your yada yada yada bike" thread there and it would seem they are seeking bikes for the mag.

If whomever owns this forum finds this post out of line, my apology and I certainly understand if you remove it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
we don't have a pain in the ass moderator who deletes topics he doen't like to keep us on the straight, not gay, and narrow.
-parks

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not really, I invented them all first

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
yeah um not seeing them......where are they again on the cw board.

I left there because they edited me and "sternly" told me that I was not to use racial slurs on thier website. the racial slur in question - jap. Really I was too lazy to type out the entire word japanese

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm......... I only posted a few, they are in the calling cafe racers thread

how long ago was that?

I've never been edited there, been banned a couple times, deleted a few more

but they pretty much have their word censor set how they like it now and do appreciate keeping the language reasonably gentleman like

it is a very commercial site with several paying sponsors, so that's kinda the gig there

I've not poked thru here enough to dig out very many but jump in and post the best of the best from here

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
it was when they still had the old black and white board. It wasn't the editing so much as it was that they went out of their way to send me an e-mail warning me of my "misconduct". methinks it wasn't part of the filter at that time. Additionally the old board was always having login problems and other little buggy things and it got infuriating.

I also did not see a lot of posts by edwards on the old board. I would join again but I am just on too many boards right now.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Ok, to get rid of annoying ads in forums and the like...

Install Firefox
Go to Ad-Ons
Install Adblock Plus
Install Flashblock

Thank me later

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great tips on the FF addons

here is a good one too!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5579

opera rocks too!

I like FF and Opera with FREE Ubunto linux based operating system

comes with lots of free bells and whistles and killer software

this version kicks butt

Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

easy to use and the latest projected version, Hardy Herion will be available in April

works very well with XP too but much safer with XP

if you run ubunto, they have a great online forum and will share all the speed and security tricks

very fast and nearly virus proof

Geeto, understood, I only do a couple of boards, used to do so very many, but consider yourself personally invited to jump in anytime, would be glad to have you amongst ourselves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts