Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys from the midwest? And if so are you going to Davenport next weekend. The flat track races are always agreat time and the swap meet is amazing. I think the best part is wandering the grounds late at night to see the party's and the strange contraptions. I've already got visions of 30 foot flames from the rear of a three wheeld bycycle and shopping cartts doing wheelies dancing in my head.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
My buddy and I are going tomorrow(Friday). We'll probably get there about 11 or so.

Edited by - Ratty-550 on Aug 30 2007 9:37:07 PM

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
The races pretty much kicked ass. The top 2 165 bikes didn't know which one won. The lead changed three times in the last couple laps of Open Twin. I think it was Am 600 that the third place bike down the backstretch came about a foot short of winning. D-port is kind of a spooky old place in a car, I can't imagine on a bike.

The swap meet was huge. Everything was priced about double what it was worth. I'm cheap, but didn't see much changing hands. I spied me a bad-ass knucklehead bobber that I thought I might like to bring home, but the guy was never in his booth. We even went back after the races. Oh well, this morning me with a Harley doesn't seem like such a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts