Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
BMW r100cs 1981
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know for certain if the DAYTONA BMW SPEED PULSE CONVERTER / SENSOR FOR DAYTONA SPEEDOS works with the DAYTONA VELONA-W speedometer.
I have it installed and correctly wired but I'm getting no speed signal to the speedo whatsoever.
The speedo voltage, RPMs, signal lights and everything works fine. Just no movement on the speedo needle besides the initial wake-up movement.
When I try to calibrate it it reads "error" in the display.
I have a BMW r100 cs from 1981.
I can measure ca,12.5V over the red and black wire. The yellow wire i in the white wire of the speedo. (the correct white wire)
Any tips?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know for certain if the DAYTONA BMW SPEED PULSE CONVERTER / SENSOR FOR DAYTONA SPEEDOS works with the DAYTONA VELONA-W speedometer.
I have it installed and correctly wired but I'm getting no speed signal to the speedo whatsoever.
The speedo voltage, RPMs, signal lights and everything works fine. Just no movement on the speedo needle besides the initial wake-up movement.
When I try to calibrate it it reads "error" in the display.
I have a BMW r100 cs from 1981.
I can measure ca,12.5V over the red and black wire. The yellow wire i in the white wire of the speedo. (the correct white wire)
Any tips?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I’m having exactly the same issue. Did you manage to sort it out? Can you let me know what’s answer? Kind regards Rutledge

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I’m having exactly the same issue. Did you manage to sort it out? Can you let me know what’s answer? Kind regards Rutledge

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Do these things not come with an owner manual or product support
Or is it made in China and sold by a mail-order only

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
It's just a simple little pulse controlled stepping motor isn't it? how hard can it be, magnet makes pulse, electricity drives the little needle up and down, you get to calibrate it. Error when you plug it in means it's unhappy with the way you plugged it in, odds are it's unhappy with a ground connection to the sensor.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Sun just came out :cool: I think I need to go riding for a bit, be back in an hour or so to see if you got it fixed

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Had to rush back, I think I got into some poison ivy, did you get it sorted yet? Post pictures of your BMW r100 cs from 1981 they were one of those motorcycles I really liked and could not afford at the time. BMW motorcycles are great, the speedometers are trash, but the tach works great for judging speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts