Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the updated system that we've been useing since... what, January. But are there flood controls that would keep spammers out? This doesn't happen alot I guess. It's just a bit on the nose today.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
You'd be surprised how much gets caught that you never see! We do try, but it realistically can't be totally stopped, sadly.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
my suggestion - one I have made before.

A security question that goes:

What do you call the "candle" in the cylinder head that ignites the fuel mixture?

Anyone who does not know that the answer is a spark plug can cruise to other sites without much loss even if they are not spammers. Or maybe something even more obvious but something a golf club trader might not know.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Xs11.com uses a vbulletin system and they have a security and text question somewhat like above. Should be available.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
We had a thread about voices.
i believe it was said someone hears the voice of archer when I post....
thats almost the nicest thing anyone has said to me on the web.

since this place went all corporate and shit I guess some of us regulars can't be made mods to fight crime,...eh spam

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While you're at it, narrators. We need narrators.

I've thought about this a lot.

I nominate Morgan Freeman for Mr Essex's posts, other than that I'm pretty open.
Great, now everytime I come to this site I'll feel like breaking out of an unjust Maine prison and go to Antartic to huddle with an egg between my ankles try not to freez or be frozen just to mark one more thing off a list before I die.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts