Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a "550" decal like the one on this KZ?

;) Thanks - Rae

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
i can have them made up specially if you want but im in the uk, altho shipping shouldnt cost much.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
look up "signs" in the yellow pages. any decent sign shop can make some inexpensive vinyl-graphic "decals". if you want to clear coat over the marking, a transfer decal (like the old fashioned "water transfer" variety). more dough-rae-rae-me though. a sign shop may do that as well or may be able to steer you in the right direction.
-parks
ps...couldn't resist the play on your name...sorry (only a little)

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the feedback! I just recall seeing this exact decal for sale on a website a couple months back when I was looking at paint schemes and crap for my bike. I knew I should have bought it then, but we didn't have the cover yet so I figured I'd go back and order it later, and my dumbass didn't save the site, and now I can't find it! :(

Guess that's what you get for being a dumbass, I'll have to try another route as ya'll have mentioned here!

Thanks! [:p]

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Why don't you make your own? If you have a printer, an exacto, an srt supply store in your town, and someplace that sells spray cans you are in bidness.

Plus you get to say you made your own instead of biting off someone else's design.

Go to the art supply store and buy masking sheet. They should sell it in 8.5 by 11 sheets, same as your printer takes. Go home, fire up the computron, pick out a hot font in word. Supersize it, and print it on the masking sheet. Then cut it out with you exacto, stick it to the panel, and spray bomb. The best is when someone asks if it is a decal you can tell them it is painted mutherfucker!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geeto67 ----> I like the way you think, right down to the mother fucker! I think I might try that, didn't know they made such a "paper" !?!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if your local art supply store doesn't have it any vynil shop should, and they can cut it to size if you like.

A vynil printer, is an exacto blade on a print head so if you still want it as a sticker you can take the font and file to them and they will print it for you. font is scaleable so all you have to do is tell them what size you want. I used to work in a vynil shop, a good one will work with you, a bad one wont.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts