Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
yeah but do you eat the deer?

Last week I saw a couple of guys cutting the head off a 10pt piece of road kill. I know they didn't hit it because that deer was there for 2 days before we saw this. Wife was with me, made for an awesome panic attack. I do confess that since that day I have noticed I have started to count the points on the antlers of all roadkill deer I see here now.

I swear I see more dead deer on the side of the road here than I have ever seen alive in my life. Most are limp piles but the one I saw that looked like a semi hit it - deer-splosion!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Not really. I would if enough was saveable. Usually when i hit them the Jeep shreds it because it goes underneath and i have gore on everything hot or rotating. Hit one in my Cutlass a few years ago. broke its back and i turned around and went back because i knew it wasn't dead from the hit and could see it in the ditch flailing. Was gonna have to 9mm it to the skull but a couple of hunters came along and took it to the processing place up the road after dispatching it.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You do realize that this thread is going to cause the price of Commandos to rocket don't you? Hunters are going to now figure they can save a lot of money on all the hunting gear they would have to buy compared to the cost of a Commando. Plus they wouldn't have to trudge into the woods and stalk the deer. Just ride your bike and the deer will come to you. Easy Peasy.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
what jeep are you hunting them with? I've never hit one with my wrangler, but I glanced one once with my old cherokee (I don't count it a hit - he was running alongside, knocked into the fender and then disappeared, didn't leave a scratch or dent). I know it is just a matter of time before I center punch one and I have a tube bumper with a grill hoop so I am anticipating a mess.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Lifted Cherokee :) The front bumper is at the perfect height to bowl them over. usually the head bashes the grill/header panel area. I have almost a 6:1 kill ratio of does to bucks though. I need to build a better bumper but I have been putting it off. I figure this year's strikes will finish off the header panel and possibly right front fender and I will build a brush guard/winch mount apparatus of deer doom. I was so pissed when a small doe took out a set of Hella 7" driving lights.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Deer are actually not that easy to hunt. Jeff Foxworthy has it figured out though, all they need to do is make a bullet with headlights on it and travels at 50mph.

·
Registered
928 Posts
My carnage from my first impact

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ouch!!!! Kinda reminds me of my buddy's Triumph Daytona; he has hit two deer in the past three years with that bike...he managed to ride through the last one at 120kph, nearly tore the deer in half, the bike was a write off, but he repaired it over the winter last year and has it back on the road again hunting for its next victim. :)

You are right, they need to increase the bag limit...around here the deer population has skyrocketed due to hunting restrictions.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
You are lucky you had that big ass fairing in front of you - it looks like it took the bulk of the accident.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Actually i think it was Geeto that posted the pics of that Tracy body on this forum some time ago and i thought it was so awesome. I still had the pics saved on my computer so i posted them on a thread on DTT.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I'm surprised he hasn't replied back since he asked and I posted it. Speaking of your post over there I was surprised to see a post from someone else in that thread that could have had a nice GS1000 Tracy body for $100 but turned it down cause it would have cost another $100 for shipping and felt that was a deal breaker

21 - 37 of 37 Posts