Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running Dellorto Carbs on a CL/CB 175?

I bought the kit from Cappellini and those guys are complete f*cks. I ordered the verticle motor/verticle head "kit" to avoid clearance issues with the frame.
The right side doesn't clear the frame. I message them to make sure the sent the correct components. Their reply was to cut and post the listing for what I bought.
No help at all.

I had a friend help get them mounted. Now it's time to jet. Since I bought a "kit" I thought they'd be jetted somewhere close as a baseline and would need to be tweeked. I messaged
them to ask what the baseline jetting was and they replied that "we don't know. whatever they come with from the factory".

Found a listing for the single carb on Canadian eBay and their listing says stock is 110 main 50 idle. I was running knock-off PE24s with 102/40

I need to buy jets to tune, but am not sure where to start.

Suggestions on baseline jetting to get started? Start with the 102/40?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I thought Tanner had dellortos on his Honda. Maybe talk to him. Or might make a phone call to Frank Giannini.

There's an auction near you next weekend. You going?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought Tanner had dellortos on his Honda. Maybe talk to him. Or might make a phone call to Frank Giannini.

There's an auction near you next weekend. You going?
I think Matt is running CR's. Definitely not Dellorto.

I bought jets above and below what comes from the factory as well as in the range I was using in the PE's. I'll try Giannini and Joe Koury.

I'll probably go to the auction, although I've never had any luck at Bob Sholley's auctions. I knew Ken Smith and he had a lot of good stuff. Passed away much too early.

Any chance you'll be at Kershaw?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I'm planning on Kershaw but my motor is still in California and my chassis is in Massachusetts. If I get everything back in time I'll go.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Very common carb to find on a trials bike, here's a video worth watching, probably covers way more then you need to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts