Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
yeah, on top of that, detriot was on headline news on yahoo for being one of the cities in the largest state of decline! sounds like he is doing an excellent job. who the heck ran against him? they must have been REALLY terrible!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
just another on a long list...what's up with mayors any way? while all political offices have had their naughty and nasty types, the mayors office in the big cities have been filled with an amazing list of unsavories....just to mention a few:
marion barry (dc)
buddy cianci (providence)
daley (chicago)
please add to the list (with felonies included)
-parks

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
wanna read about some screwed up shit, check baltimores mayoral race last time. the guy who's governor was mayor. and the city was in huge decline with multiple police chiefs resigning, one was put away for felony (bank fraud for taking a loan from his parents for a down payment on his house and not disclosing that, yeah they were after him). i had a friend who was on the mayors detail, they used to let woman int his place all of the time. the mayor has a city detail that sits outside of his all of the time. there was even a story of one mayor beating his wife, and he coming out to the details car and wanting him locked up. beaten and bruised. its nuts. the school system budget had been cleaned out by the city school board pres, who they never threw out, for millions. she apparently resigned finally. its really bad. they have said the old mayor, and new governor is being groomed for a presidential run. the guy is apparently a real sleaze ball. the police were fixing the murder rate numbers and it goes on and on. the now mayor was being investigated for ethics violations before she got in. now they are saying she was sleeping with one of the biggest devlopers in the city, and buying gifts and taking vacations with him on the cities dime. shes been in office for a year.

tex, tell them about the blue lights you saw. this place is just stupid.

i dont even follow any of it, but this is all shit i hear. i can imagine what really goes on.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
quote:please add to list
Jim Mcgreevey: Disgraced ex Governor of N.J. Previously Mayor of Woodbridge, N.J. Seems everybody from around there has a Mcgreevey story. Handing him bags of cash to lay off your night club, ushering his boyfriends into the Motel, etc. How he wound up in the Governor's mansion is God's own mystery. Good at his job I guess.

In my opinion his sexuality (and affair) was just a scapegoat as grounds for his resignation.
He was too brazenly corrupt, even for N.J., and the guys who really run the state made him go away, lest he ruin it for everybody. At least the politicians.

Forget his name, but the former mayor of Newark. On a Mayor's salary (which probably isn't bad, but ) the guy had mansions, boats, hot-cold running chicks, you name it.

When they finally had enough, his trial was shooting fish in a barrel. The guy was gone so quick it made your head spin.

Joe- I grew up in Towson, and my Mom's still down there, so I get the Balto. poop. Sounds like Maryland's starting to take a page out of N.J.'s book. What a mess.

And if in Mayoral, and Gubernatorial elections is where the Real Power grooms its National candidates, stands to reason the guys in D.C. are just the best of the class.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
we had a mayor who thought it was a good idea to authorize the state police to drop a concussion grenade on a group that had barricaded themselves in their rowhome. problem was that it started a fire that burned four blocks of rowhomes. it killed all the suspects in the initial house (their kids too) and cost the city MILLIONS.

his name was wilson goode. his son is on city council now.

we just got rid on another asshat named john street. if you didn't pay, you didn't play in the street administration. the fbi had wiretaps in his office. they never got the mayor, but his lieutenant (ronald white) died before they could figure out the money trail, etc....of course they blamed it all on the corpse.

now we have a mayor named michael nutter. he might talk like grover from sesame street, but he is a total political wonk. i think philly is finally in good hands.

texy

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
City political machines are as old as American cities themselves. Though highly stylized and Hollywood slick, the movie "Gangs of New York" is based on many realities of Boss Tweed's Tammany Hall.

A pretty cool documentary I show to my 12th graders is "Street Fight". It covers the election campaign of a young idealist trying to unseat the 4-term incumbent and pathetically corrupt mayor of Newark, NJ.

You want a quick laugh? Google one of Youngstown, Ohio's finest: Jim Traficant

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Just in case anyone is interested to know how this turned out...

Kwame copped a deal yesterday, will resign within 2 weeks, and has to serve 120 days in county jail + 5yrs reporting probation.

This is his second scandal ridden term. I suppose those who re-elected him have gotten what they deserve.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
and he has to come up with 1 million dollars. and freddy-mac is in no position to help him with that.
-parks

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
leo, no shit. wow. i grew up in towson too. where abouts. actually, now the towson snobs have made it so if youre not in 21204, youre not in towson. i went to towson high. grew up in anneslie. cross the tracks from stoneligh. went to stoneliegh elementary and dumbarton. st pius as a little kid.. (york road next to ch. 2) moved back about 5 years ago. when you get back into town, look me up. we'll grab a beer and tour dirty motorcycle shops!

jc

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Dude-
614 Anneslie Rd.
21212, so I guess I ain't shit

Stoneligh Elem.
Dumbarton
Towson Sr. High
1 1/2 semesters at Towson State.
St. Pius, you've got to be kidding me.

How about Oprah doing the weather on WJZ, ch. 13.

Holy shit. Do I know you? Small effing world.

If this wasn't the internet this might be real.

Cheers,
Leo

p.s. If I do know you I hope we weren't dicks to each other in high school.
Karma's a bitch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts