Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey can i publicly call dibs on an item on ebay? i'd hate to bid against another cafe'r or make a price go beyond what it's worth. any opinions??

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
81 cb750f (stolen)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Where I come from dibs basically means it is open season....

I think calling dibs here is about as effective as a fart in a stiff wind.

just out of curosity what item was it?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Well.... dibs worked great here when it was a bunch of honest, honorable friends....not sure how it would work now.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
it works great when you don't call it, you just casually mention an ebay auction and people generally know.

but if you activley post dibs...man that is just asking for it.

I don't think it will work, honest or not, because there are a lot of lurkers here who have only found this site because they are trying to be fashionable and know how to use google.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, just so we all know i mentioned a set of "inverted omega bars" a few weeks ago and lo & behold i find a similar idea w/ the pullback of some clubmans....( Tommaselli 4 Ducati Benelli Aermacchi Guzzi Honda Adjustable Clubman bar FROM ITALY BEST PRICE IN TOWN )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=200162138415&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

not exactly what i want but a great start they are from cosmo and i hear great things about his stuff, but shipping is questionable... still a great deal iff the aren't too expensive....my next option is a "broomstick" handlebar and i'll try that if the auction is over my price!

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
81 cb750f (stolen)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

Edited by - slave600 on Oct 15 2007 1:27:02 PM

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
My eBay ID is... Judeyramone! So you may each decide for yourself whether to fuck me or not. I mostly bid on stuff nobody else wants anyway, because I'm cheap & my greedy kids leave me little money for motorcycle stuff.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice bars. The shipping does seem high. Looks like those items they sell you for cents but en up charging you the item in the shipping.

I did what last night !!!!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I may be the other bidder on that auction (I may not be, I have to check my ebay account)

no worries though, I am always trying beat cosmo's buy it now price and I have no problems not bidding an higher. Stuff is great, but in person he is kind of a prick. I got banged out pretty bad by him at Mid-Ohio and now I am trying to make up for it.

but since we are polite people I do need a set of his fork ears and I am determined not to pay mre than they are worth.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The plus side of bidding on Cosmo's stuff is if he has one he's probably got a container load full to sell. Use the completed auction function and see what they've been selling for. Use a bid sniping program like www.auctionsniper.com and set the high bid at what you are willing to pay. Don't bid early and eventually you'll get what you want for a reasonable price.

Geeto - what did he soak you on at Mid-O? The headlight bucket?

Jim

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
The plus side of bidding on Cosmo's stuff is if he has one he's probably got a container load full to sell. Use the completed auction function and see what they've been selling for. Use a bid sniping program like www.auctionsniper.com and set the high bid at what you are willing to pay. Don't bid early and eventually you'll get what you want for a reasonable price.

Geeto - what did he soak you on at Mid-O? The headlight bucket?

Jim
you were there....

yeah the headlight bucket. I know I could have walked away at that point but I didn't and there hasn't been a one that has sold for what I paid since. The only solace I take is that I am not the only one at Mid-O who paid that price and that with his "shipping" I got it a little cheaper.

Personally it is now my vendetta to get something from him at a low price so that the two items will average out to a bargain. something tells me though I should just walk away....

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:
you were there....

yeah the headlight bucket. I know I could have walked away at that point but I didn't and there hasn't been a one that has sold for what I paid since. The only solace I take is that I am not the only one at Mid-O who paid that price and that with his "shipping" I got it a little cheaper.

Personally it is now my vendetta to get something from him at a low price so that the two items will average out to a bargain. something tells me though I should just walk away....
Oh. On the plus side I'm not one of those assholes that says "I told you so". So that's something positive... If you're willing to take your revenge vicariously, ask me to tell you my Cosmo story next time you see me.

Jim

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:

Oh. On the plus side I'm not one of those assholes that says "I told you so". So that's something positive... If you're willing to take your revenge vicariously, ask me to tell you my Cosmo story next time you see me.

Jim
I think I heard this one, it involves an industrial sized 50 gallon drum of KY jelly and a momentary lapse of sanity, right?

I will remind you, next time I see you. BTW, you body work looks really really pretty on my shelf. did you want me to wetsand/polish it or are you going to have somebody local do that?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:
....and a momentary lapse of sanity, right?

I will remind you, next time I see you. BTW, you body work looks really really pretty on my shelf. did you want me to wetsand/polish it or are you going to have somebody local do that?
That would incorrectly imply I was actually sane at some point.....

If you got the time to spare wetsanding/polishing then be my guest. Personally, I'd be racking up miles on the new Duc while we have a little more warm weather.....

It might be the Javits show in December before I'm in NYC at the rate I'm going.....

Jim

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
You can usually buy stuff direct from Joe. FAX him at 215-368-7519. If you are a uscra member be sure to say so.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:

It might be the Javits show in December before I'm in NYC at the rate I'm going.....

Jim
I don't know if you have heard though nycvinmoto, but VJMC got its space for a bike show this year. Wanna lend me your gs1000 for display? could mean free passes for ya....

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:
I don't know if you have heard though nycvinmoto, but VJMC got its space for a bike show this year. Wanna lend me your gs1000 for display? could mean free passes for ya....
Betty's a bit of a junkyard dog - do you think she's show worthy? You can't see all of her "character" marks here but she's got a few dings & scratches.....

Jim

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
we'll park it at the end with the race bikes, they'll have character too. you will probably want to clean it and maybe wax it however.

It is an old bike with cbr wheels, metmachex swingarm, billet triple tree....sounds cool to me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts