Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tired of fucking tearing up cheap jeans... are dickies about right?

i burn through shoes and jeans quicker than anyone i know. i can't afford to do it anymore. dickies going to last me longer than the jc penny junk i just tore the shit out of tonight?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I wear Carhartt jeans and shorts for work. Get more than twice the life out of them v. Levis. Can get jeans in cuts that don't look like work pants.

Dunno 'bout Dickies.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Dickies are good. You can also get them double thickness in the front. Half the price of Carhartt, not quite as durable as carhartt but way more durable than regular jeans.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dickies have done pretty well by me. I used to get Levis, but always wore out the crotch before the rest. Weird. I picked up 3 different pairs of Dickies a couple of years ago at Farm & Fleet on sale and they've been great. I've got a tear in one knee and it hasn't grown or anything, unlike Levis that just start opening up and don't stop. F&F has them on sale from time to time, which makes them an awesome deal.

Avoid the painters jeans with the hammer loop, I get it caught on stuff all the time. I just about brought the bike down on me when I snagged a foot peg, and they like to loop themselves around cabinet knobs in the kitchen.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
i live in my dickies but won't ride in polyester. levi's only.

can't go wrong with carhart.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sears sells "Craftsman" brand jeans but they sell thick and a thin version. You can tell just holding a pair in you hand. I get 3-4 years out of a set not bad for $29 on sale.
They come coated with stain release too and a two year warenty on holes!

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts