Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i just bought a new bike and i was wondering if i got a good deal. I was told it was a 1970 honda cb 500 with a 71 tank. It was supposedly rebuilt entirerly and had some custom paint work. It runs like a dream and looks sharp. If you guys have an idea on value let me know. Thanks. Paid 900 as is. Not for sale. And is my first bike i ever owned or rode.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
Fairly standard copy of a Carpy build.

Two things.
Very few people are going to want to play some bullshit "what do you value it" at game.

Even less people are going to be all that into that bike here.

You like it?
You bought it?
Cool.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Fairly standard copy of a Carpy build.

Two things.
Very few people are going to want to play some bullshit "what do you value it" at game.

Even less people are going to be all that into that bike here.

You like it?
You bought it?
Cool.

Much like Jag said. Its a handsome bike. And if you are happy with it that's all that counts. If it was in my garage I wouldn't be unhappy.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
It looks like a decent bike, all things considered.
-Ergonomic controls
-center mounted tail light
-blinkers
-progressive? shocks
-fenders
-new tires
-airbox

the only things I would change would be to remove the cliché pedestrian splitter and relocate the plate to under the tail light

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say maybe $3500?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Does seem like an odd post. For what it's worth your gonna go to swing your leg over the seat and slam your shin right into that licence plate. Thats gotta go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not an old post, not a troll, and the story is true. I was just curious if i got ripped off or got a good deal. I assumed i did thats why i bought it. And also ill be moving that liscence plate

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hey guys i just bought a new bike and i was wondering if i got a good deal. I was told it was a 1970 honda cb 500 with a 71 tank. It was supposedly rebuilt entirerly and had some custom paint work. It runs like a dream and looks sharp. If you guys have an idea on value let me know. Thanks. Paid 900 as is. Not for sale. And is my first bike i ever owned or rode.
If you really paid $900 for that bike pictured.............you got a nice deal.

What's the specifics around the purchase? A homie hookup? Someone desperate?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought it from my landlord. Me and a good friend rented a house from him. My friend had previously bought some music equipment off him for way too cheap so i made what i thought was a reasonable offer of 900. Not knowing what the bike was worth. He took the deal and here we are.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I bought it from my landlord. Me and a good friend rented a house from him. My friend had previously bought some music equipment off him for way too cheap so i made what i thought was a reasonable offer of 900. Not knowing what the bike was worth. He took the deal and here we are.
Hmmm....did you get a title, etc? Sounds like your landlord might get given stuff in return for rent.....this could be interesting....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts