Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
down at the flea market and saw a pair of ko shocks. asked the buyer about them and he said they were sought after shocks in their day, they call them koni now. 20 bones for the pair. is he shitting me or are they really konis? i know koni shocks worked out pretty well on my ek coupe but unsure of how nice they are on a bike

·
Registered
840 Posts
back in late 80's i put 20+ year old NOS koni's on my R5 their was 1/2 inch of dust on the box...they worked great over the stock leaky units. the transfer decal was a set of red wings with Koni in the middle.
Still have'm on the bike in the basement...

·
Registered
999 Posts
just put on a new set of redwings. they make it seem like i was riding around w/ a underinflated rear tire with the old stock shocks... ...
[/img]

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Koni's American motorcycle brand was redwing. Never heard of KO.
Are you sure abut that? I was under the impression that Redwing were a different manufacturer. I didn't think there was any connection between hammerheads and Koni.

Koni have been making shocks for a very long time but when they stopped making bike shocks, Proven Products in NSW took over production and changed the name to IKON

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
Not a different manufacturer, but def a different brand. At one point I think koni and redwing were selling at the same time. They could have been a different mfg and bought out by koni but I don't know redwing's history. The hammerhead shocks I put on the sporty were NOS and all the paperwork/warranty info included was for koni.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts