Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Ya know you're limiting your price by stating you won't crate the bike. If a buyer wanted to ship the bike, all you'd have to do is drop it off at the nearest Forward Air depot, and they handle the rest. If you're willing to drop off within 50 miles, you might want to look if there's a FA depot within that range.

I've noticed that bikes that state pickup only rarely have their prices rise to crazy ebay-only levels.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Evil,
Yeah I'd probably find a way to get it to NHIS if it sold.

The nearest Forward station is only about 45 minutes away...but it's not a "container station"

I'm not really looking to get a real high price, just want to get what it's worth....about $1200 would be nice, the starting price is what I have in it. The NE is kind of a Hodaka hotbed so I'm hoping for some local interest. Has ten watchers already after one day....half of them probably my friends that are just curious :). The bike was originally purchased only about 30 minutes from my house in 1976. And old woman still had it in her garage after about 30 years, she has long since moved to florida. Took four years to actually get the bike in my hands after I heard about it. I thought it was a Wombat, I'd never seen it, just heard a description. The classic "I know where there is this old bike that's been sitting in a garage forever...looks like it's two years old".
JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Evil,

I am going back up to Orrs Island next weekend. If you bought the bike and John would meet me somewhere as north on I87 as possible I could bring it to you (I am going directly from leaving my kids at college in Potsdam, NY).

Jack

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Evil,
Why the heck would you want a vintage dirt bike? It's a collectors item, not something you'd want to ride. It's too nice to actually take it out and beat it up.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
569 Posts
would make a neat little vintage trials bike...but it would be also badness to cut it up for that...whatever happened to uscra vintage trials, seems like a couple low key summer events would be nice between june and sept..

hodaka watcher #18
d.

·
Registered
434 Posts
There's a guy right down the road that has a business crating and shipping all over the world, cheap too. He buys left over room on planes somehow. A friend of mine shipped a Vespa to Italy for like $600 or $700, which included all the crating and handling. Because of this, I've started ebaying worldwide, why not?

Dgy

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me it's more of a deal where I want to meet the buyer, have him look at the bike, have him be happy with his purchase. I don't need the money bad enough to go to any extra trouble. I just want someone happy with their new bike and want to be sure I'll have no call backs because they are unsatisfied with something. If the ebay winner shows up and doesn't like the bike...he's free to say no. I'll eat the charge and list it again.
However...after someone takes the bike....it's gone, no returns, no refunds :)
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I should have ended it about 8pm.

It will sell though. About 40 people watching it...someone will jump in for the minimum bid, which is all I really want out of it.

JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't sell....I'll give it a little while and relist it.

This time I'll keep it a secret so my watchers will be people actually interested in buying it :)

JohnnyB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts