Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this over at the SOHC4 forum, but I thought I would post it here also:

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=58428.0

so I was in San Francisco this weekend and I was told the SOHC4 mecca there was a place called charlie's place:

http://www.charlies-place.com/

man was I disappointed. The place looks really cool with lots of SOHC stuff outside. Even a really cool mural of someone riding a cb750K and lots of art made out of honda parts (a dinosaur and a couple of guitars).

However, I got a really cool reception by the woman who was running the place. Basically the impression I got was that they couldn't be bothered to to help a walk in like me. Furthermore, I was turned away from buying a part from them because I was not a local, and I was flat lied to about another part I asked about. When I asked if I could speak to Charlie because I thought it cool that he made guitars form honda parts the answer I got was "he's busy" (meanwhile I could see him in his office not really doing much). The impression I got was he is too busy to talk to you.

Nevermind that I am a VJMC rep in my own state. Or that I freelance for motorcycle magazines. Or that I work part time at Hell for Leather motorcycle blog (hellforleathermagazine.com). I didn't identify myself as such because I wanted no "special treatment" - My first impression of a shop is how they treat their walk-ins and Charlie's place failed miserably because of his "gatekeeper staff". I hope those in San Francisco have a better expirence with him because frankly if I were to live in san fran I wouldn't buy any parts off of him ever again based on this one expirence.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
shit, i thought you meant the place over in the castro.....

you should have pulled the "dont you know who i am?" move. haha....that would have been awesome.

haha

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what it was....I was wearing this instead:

I am completely forgot I was not in japan.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thats too bad. I hate to hear about that kind of stuff as we're not the biggest bike community out there and people should be more friendly to the folks that are into it. Maybe SF just has too many wannabe's or something so they try to thin the herd.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Common, Gee. You know you're just another hipster wannabe douche bag from outta state. I know you sometimes get all kind-hearted and touchie-feelie here with the guys. Who knows, maybe you just needed to turn down the charm a click or two?

...You might be HUGE in Japan, but remember: everything is bigger in Texas! So next time you are in TX, you will be even huger in Japan, and that flake out in SF can't even shake a stick at that!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
You mean to tell me that the guy that assumes every new guy on this site is a know-nothing, hipster douchebag gets all butt hurt because a stranger didn't immediately osmose his motorcycling greatness?

Better toughen the fuck up Sally, sometimes karma's a bitch....

Or come to Iowa, we'll treat you nice. That's just how we are. Unless someone mistakes you for a sasquatch and shoots your ass. Call ahead, I can get you one of those orange vests like the highway workers wear. You'll be safe(er) then.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've heard the same from others . Same with Raber's Cycle as well. But on a brighter note at least it was an experience .

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
dude, im not sure if youve checked a mirror lately, but youre pretty huge in your apartment too.

hahaha....someone had to.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the big difference between me and Charlie is that I don't run a brick and mortar business selling motorcycle parts. I imagine if I did I would have to be a whole lot nicer to people.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
thats hilarious. a kinder gentler geet. the world would not be in balance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts