Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't need the tach but I do want it. The Legendary one also has indicator lights for high been, charging and other stuff.

I was asking about the quality and dependability of this gauge. Has anyone used this gauge?

thanks for the link to additional gauges.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Like everything from DCC, you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

4" Dual Gauge - 8K Tachometer / 260km/h Metric GPS Speedometer (w/ turn signal and high beam). Auto Tachometers From Speedhut.

I haven't used one personally, but I can tell you a saw quite a few of the Speedhuts at the LSR events I attended the last two years. It seems like a pretty quality product. I can tell you the problem they were having at the meet was Satellite interference at a portion of the track which caused some of the guys to run breakout speeds on their licensing runs. Which is really more of a flaw of a GPS speedometer in that it won't be 100% accurate. Places where there is a block to the signal like dead zones and large cities will play havoc with the unit. so the ODO won't ever be accurate. Now if you only use the bike on weekends and not as transport and don't expect to log more than 2000 miles a year then maybe the error correction isn't so bad. However, if it were me I would like to have something mechanical and redundant like a hobbs timer since the ODO can't fully be trusted.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
It is a rebadged Speedhut unit, only $40 more than from the manufacturer. The speedo by itself is only $259.I have a mechanical working tach, but when I did the Kimtab/disc brake mod it deleted the rear speedo drive. Speedhut will do custom services like silicone sealing the housing, shortening the antenna,etc . They need no sensors, only ground,feed, and lighting wiring.

here's you Legendary gauge without DCC's 10% mark up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPS-DUAL-Sp...ash=item2ed3165706:g:ZbEAAMXQAMlRYFyP&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a rebadged Speedhut unit, only $40 more than from the manufacturer. The speedo by itself is only $259.I have a mechanical working tach, but when I did the Kimtab/disc brake mod it deleted the rear speedo drive. Speedhut will do custom services like silicone sealing the housing, shortening the antenna,etc . They need no sensors, only ground,feed, and lighting wiring.

here's you Legendary gauge without DCC's 10% mark up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPS-DUAL-Sp...ash=item2ed3165706:g:ZbEAAMXQAMlRYFyP&vxp=mtr
I want to use this gauge on my build. Is anyone using this gauge? If so, How do you like it?
4" Chrome w/ Black Face Legendary Motorcycles Electronic GPS Speedometer/Tachometer

Thanks
Do not buy these gauges! These are rebadged speedhut units and if you speak to speedhut they will tell you that they are not recommended for motorcycles because they are not water resistant, this is quite clear on their website. They can attempt to seal them at the factory but tell you that people complain because they still fog up, how long do you think an electronic gauge is going to last with moisture in it? Legendary motorcycles don't even go to the effort of having them sealed,they say they do but they're full of shit, I pulled mine apart and not a thing has been done to seal it. These are very expensive gauges and i can't even sell it on to be used in a car because Legendary motorcycles have put their gay logo on it. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY and do not deal with the lying arseholes that are Legendary motorcycles.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Well there you have it, the question about quality and dependability was spammed in 2017 before anybody even had experience owning them, and here we are in 2020 with confirmation that it's just more cheap crap.
:LOL: What a shock.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Joined just to post that review...
We’re the yelp of the motorcycle world

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
I always wonder about anybody that is out shopping for speedometers or lights or paint before they have one operational motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
same when I hear people stripping a bike down and the VERY first thing they do is powdercoat the frame all nice and pretty.

It aint gonna be a performance build...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts