Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love telling people that I spend 12 bucks on gas(probably $12.50 by the time this is posted). I have a 72 cb 500 with fresh rebuild and I'm running pod filters, if that makes a difference? Does anyone know the factory stated MPG or newer tests MPG?

Also post your bike year/cc and MPG if you have time. It's interesting to see how much we spend on gas.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
stock you should be getting around 40-60mpg mixed driving (60 if you are all highway). That is what I get on my all stock cb750. The problem with the bikes is wind resistance all the 70's hondas have about the same co-efficient of drag which will keep them from getting improved mileage.

If you really want your mileage to soar - build a race replica out of it. Put a full fairing on it and lighten the crap out of it. You may even get 65-70mpg if you leave the motor stock and ride conservativley. I think 75mpg is even possible with fuel injection.

who says cafe racers can't me tree-hugger mobiles.

Modern sport bikes are fuel hogs as compared with this old crap. My ducati gets about 100 miles to 4 gallons of fuel and my buddy's R1 gets 25-30 mpg at best. Seriously, some of the old two strokes get better mileage than these injected scream machines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts