Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i would throw this out there, but the riding season is in full swing where i am, and i dont want anyone to overlook an oil change and setting your point gap. i figured it was about time to change my oil yesterday (it has been about 6 or 700 miles), and reset my points gap (it had kinda been starting hard). while i had it up on the service stand i adjusted my drive chain, greased it, and greased my swing arm and clutch throw out thingy. my points gap was really close, put it back to .014, and with the oil change i swear i picked up about 2-3 hp. there is a definite increase of power (measured using my high tech 'seat of the pants' method) and much better throttle response.

said all that to say dont get too caught up in working on and riding to forget some old fashioned routine maintenance.

·
Registered
744 Posts
or go electronic. depending on what you are converting it can be cheap to stupid but i feel it's been worthwhile on my three.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would like to. dont want to spend that kind of scratch though. im cool with setting points. its kind of one of those things i dont mind living with. and i kind of like not having any electronics on my bike (i think?) i guess in the event of an EMP i would still be able to cruise along...part of my post apocalyptic fantasy...

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
quote:Originally posted by TheGreg

i would like to. dont want to spend that kind of scratch though. im cool with setting points. its kind of one of those things i dont mind living with. and i kind of like not having any electronics on my bike (i think?) i guess in the event of an EMP i would still be able to cruise along...part of my post apocalyptic fantasy...
An EMP would still take out your charging system.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Shiny side out keeps them from tracking your brain waves

Shiny side in traps your thoughts in your head and ultimately leads to confusion-> depression-> death

Hence the term "Shiny side up"

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Shiny side out keeps them from tracking your brain waves

Shiny side in traps your thoughts in your head and ultimately leads to confusion-> depression-> death

Hence the term "Shiny side up"

·
Registered
744 Posts
wait till your points are platinum and you're condensor lives inside the windings of an armature trapped in a case stamped "LUCAS". then add 60 years.

CDI will start to sound real fucken good real soon.

·
Registered
744 Posts
wait till your points are platinum and you're condensor lives inside the windings of an armature trapped in a case stamped "LUCAS". then add 60 years.

CDI will start to sound real fucken good real soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts