Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Not me.

JohnnyB

And...hey..don't you owe me forty bucks you bastard.

PS. Just got my 57mm cylinders back from Langcourt.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of 58mm and 59mm that are already done, but I haven't got the 57 done yet. I have the liners but need to do the work.

I indeed owe you money and a hug. Are you going up for monday?

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Yep I'll be there in the rain on Monday...racing rain or shine.

Let me know when you are ready for a 58 or 59 set of pistons. Some time this fall I'm going to order some more pistons.

I'm going to plunge cut valve pockets on the 57's next time..should bump compression about a point and a half. By the time we get to 59's we're going to have to think about cutting down the dome some as compression gets too high. Don't really want to go beyond 12:1 I don't think...? I'll ask around.
JohnnyB

PS. Hey...if you already have cylinders bored to 58 and 59...what did you use for pistons? I assume you had the cylinders bored to a piston size.

Edited by - jbranson on Jun 10 2005 4:58:26 PM

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
OK Y'all, Hope you don't mind me spreading the word here. Friday June 17, Rochester N.H. Fairgrounds. Flattrack racing. Amatuers (like me) and Experts run during the day, then the Pro races run in the evening. If you haven't seen a Pro level 1/2 mile Flattrack race, you owe it to yourself to make the trip. I'm guessing 45 min. from Laconia, maybe less. It's worth the trip.
If you go during the day, look for me (#39) I'd dig meeting anyone on the forum.
Hope to see ya there...

FR

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FR - Spread away

Branson - Just happened to have them, not bored to anything.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Aaron,

Are you going to Downtown Laconia Sunday?? If you are I need some of those number plates you have. I'll be running a Benelli Fireball in the classic 50.

Thanks,

Champ

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be going to downtown Laconia. I called you today to try and find out some info. I know nothing.

I'm only going, cause thanks to "the other jd", we finished up the RS for Monday and completed the top end of the 175 and is ready for tuning.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Mr. Stremfer,
I don't get out of work till 4am Sunday morning. I've tried going straight to the races from work but I end up being more of a danger on the track than usual.

Plus...seriously, I'm not into crowds and spectators and such. I work around hundreds of screaming people every week...can't wait to get away from them. Probably why Frontier Land is my favorite race...just race people....like yourself of course.

Aaron, I'm still on the look out for CB200 barrels so I can grab the liners. Let me know if you find a stock pile of them somewhere. Looks like they will go out to 60mm pretty safe...I think 61mm will require something even larger than CB200 barrels.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Johnny,
There is a place called peoples cycle located in foxboro ma that has hords of nos 60-70-80's honda parts etc i'll bet he would have what your looking for in fact he is in the process of liquidating the shop as we speak.

Champ

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Aaron,

Downtown is not a race, it is an exhibition. I would highly recommend you arrive early like 8:00am as the pit area fills up quickly. It's tons of fun. Besides maybe you'll show up on TV, you know, being as svelt as you are!!!

Champ

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
JS,
Yeah..someone else mentioned that place...I ought to go take a look. Maybe I could pick up some extra stuff and sell it at a huge profit to the other 175 guys.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't been on the board much lately, but I definately miss my Branson time.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Aaron,
I assume you got the cam and bearing I sent? Never heard back from you. Could be because I forgot to put in any special gifts this time.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I rudely didn't thank you for the stuff cause as soon as I got it I 've been at the shop busting my ass putting both bikes back together. Sorry and thanks... The funny thing is when I opened the package it was in a very light limited garage. I honestly thought it was a giant bug and for a moment thought I was going to need to check my underwear.

Aaron
Oh yeah I straightened my steering stabalizer to reuse, just kidding that was my best Scott impersonation. Hey do the crank bearing really need to be round, what could happen?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
You don't have to thank me...just wanted to know if they got there.

Cams always look like giant bugs to me...scares me everytime I look at them...never get used to it. (this is really a lie but you sound insane so I just want to make you feel more comfortable)

Hehe...Scott has got the sledge hammer out right now fixing his crank. And for a second I believed you when you said you straightened out the damper....I'm trying to have faith in you..I really am.

Bikes' running good then? Once again I haven't touched my engine since the last race...didn't even change the oil. But I have my new 2" extended swingarm on and all set up. Extended a set of shocks so I could slant them and use the OEM lower mounts. We'll see how it handles...if it's bad I can always go back...I think it will be better though.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Aaron,

I'll be at downtown Sunday morning. If your coming by sat eve. stop by the house.

Champ

Edited by - aaron on Jun 15 2005 1:27:36 PM

1 - 20 of 25 Posts