Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these or other kelvar lined riding pants? I am looking for an alternative to my two piece leathers for summer riding, and so I don't look weird if I ride to a non bike event. I am also considering the bohn under armour pants.

Am I crazy? I am worried about road rash, but all the time I see guys on sport bikes with shorts and tank tops... also their biker babes look sexy as hell perched up on the buddy seat with their butts poking out of their shorts, but all I can think of (well, not all) is what they will look like if they fall off....

·
Registered
453 Posts
well heres my 2cents worth
those sportbike guys that ride in shorts, tank top and flip-flops are complete freaking morons. theyre all over columbia and i give em shit every chance i get. i have several pairs of draggin jeans and they quite literally saved me ass once. i wear a joe rocket phoenix 4.0 mesh with kevlar jacket for 3 season riding too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have been looking for a set of draggin jeans and can't seem to find them anywhere but on the internet or catalog order.

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have been looking for a set of draggin jeans and can't seem to find them anywhere but on the internet or catalog order.

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have Icon jeans which I like a lot. They are a good fit for women. I know they make some good riding pants for men as well. I have not tested it yet though so I cannot say anything about that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have Icon jeans which I like a lot. They are a good fit for women. I know they make some good riding pants for men as well. I have not tested it yet though so I cannot say anything about that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
quote:
Anyone have any experience with these or other kelvar lined riding pants? I am looking for an alternative to my two piece leathers for summer riding, and so I don't look weird if I ride to a non bike event. I am also considering the bohn under armour pants.

Am I crazy? I am worried about road rash, but all the time I see guys on sport bikes with shorts and tank tops... also their biker babes look sexy as hell perched up on the buddy seat with their butts poking out of their shorts, but all I can think of (well, not all) is what they will look like if they fall off....
The're made here in OZ, not cheap but they do work very well, there a few other brands out now too. But dont be fooled into think you wont still ger burned in a slide, the do stop gravel rash, but in a good slide you will still generate a fair ammount of heat

·
Registered
44 Posts
quote:

The're made here in OZ, not cheap but they do work very well, there a few other brands out now too. But dont be fooled into think you wont still ger burned in a slide, the do stop gravel rash, but in a good slide you will still generate a fair ammount of heat

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i second the icon gear. the few things ive seen and gotten seem to be pretty good. if you can take the logos, and weird graphics. (not all their stuff has that thought.) i bought a helmet from them a while back. its pretty nice i think. also, i think they are the parts unlimited house brand. but i could be wrong about that.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i second the icon gear. the few things ive seen and gotten seem to be pretty good. if you can take the logos, and weird graphics. (not all their stuff has that thought.) i bought a helmet from them a while back. its pretty nice i think. also, i think they are the parts unlimited house brand. but i could be wrong about that.

jc

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
A kid here in town went down in a pair of Icon pants. I don't really know him so I got the story secondhand. Was told the pants held up perfectly, no split seams, knees stayed together. He had some heat rash from sliding down the pavement. His buddy's said 100mph crash, I'm thinking more like 70 based on where it happened.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
A kid here in town went down in a pair of Icon pants. I don't really know him so I got the story secondhand. Was told the pants held up perfectly, no split seams, knees stayed together. He had some heat rash from sliding down the pavement. His buddy's said 100mph crash, I'm thinking more like 70 based on where it happened.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
those things are dead ass ugly. i hate em. why do people feel the need to have stupid logos all over the place..... crap crap crap.

flip flop sport bike riders are the best... dudes should just wear speedos while they are at it ha ha

latered

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
those things are dead ass ugly. i hate em. why do people feel the need to have stupid logos all over the place..... crap crap crap.

flip flop sport bike riders are the best... dudes should just wear speedos while they are at it ha ha

latered

·
Registered
450 Posts
You probably couldn't tell my jeans were made by Icon minus the I in stitching on my butt (wonder why they did that??)

I don't have any of their kitty fringe crap because it to showy, but the jeans are good. They fit the best and most fashionable out of all them because I know the next thing to safety is fashion.....even for you guys!

·
Registered
450 Posts
You probably couldn't tell my jeans were made by Icon minus the I in stitching on my butt (wonder why they did that??)

I don't have any of their kitty fringe crap because it to showy, but the jeans are good. They fit the best and most fashionable out of all them because I know the next thing to safety is fashion.....even for you guys!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you mean you dont have the pink helmet with the cowgirl shooting on the back? with the matching jacket and pants?

ack
barf

get a 100 and come down and short track race in the womans 100 class. or borrow mine or im sure chris' will be open at some point. then you guys can pickup that bike for coy, if chris got it. you guys commin to canada day?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you mean you dont have the pink helmet with the cowgirl shooting on the back? with the matching jacket and pants?

ack
barf

get a 100 and come down and short track race in the womans 100 class. or borrow mine or im sure chris' will be open at some point. then you guys can pickup that bike for coy, if chris got it. you guys commin to canada day?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ride with the Icon pants. They are the cargo pants(camo) and seem to be well made. and you wouldn't know they're Icon. That said, I am skeptical about some of their other stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ride with the Icon pants. They are the cargo pants(camo) and seem to be well made. and you wouldn't know they're Icon. That said, I am skeptical about some of their other stuff.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts