Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out some rearsets for my KZ440 LTD (yeah, right). I think I've got it, but it would really ease routing the rear brake rod if I could push on it instead of pulling. I can't immediately think of anything wrong with this, because the cam works the same way both ways and everything appears symmetrical. I'd likely find a stiffer rod (heh heh) so I don't buckle it when I panic stop.

If this doesn't pan out, I might look at using the passenger peg mounts, but that puts the pegs about 18" aft of their current location so I'd have to make some kind of intermediate bracket and that doesn't seem so rigid either.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
You might find that if you use a "push" rod on your rear brake and your bike hits a bump while you have the rear brake on....and it moves the swingarm...well...some funny things might happen.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
how about let's see a couple good pix of what you have and what you want to do

it can be done even with a swing arm but it is quite possible that a pull cable will be much lighter and more effective

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you use a rod, make sure it's stiff enough not to bend under braking. Rods are stronger in tension than they are under compression and a thin (stock)rod is likely to bend when you brake. A strong enough rod might weigh a pound or even more..to Hackasaw's point..cable might not be as straight forward but certainly would be lighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts