Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I'm looking for a ready to go (or close to it) DS7 yamaha bottom end. I already have a good top end, but I broke the transmission in mine... this is for my DS7/TD3 bitsa race bike... so that I have something to race this summer.... I think an RD250 or 350 bottom end would work too. If anyone has a motor with bad crank I think mine is fine. Cash!

Peace
Karl ([email protected])

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rob, Seth,
my DS7 has an original 5-speed tranny. I had planned on installing a closer ratio RD400 tranny, and I think I have one of those... but it requires updating the clutch and Jay Phinizy said there is machining of the cases required. Basically I have NO TIME... zero, no cash either, but that's another story. As much as I'd like to just buy Rob's RD, I can't figure out how. I'd like to have a vintage ride this summer and the DS7 is basically ready to go but I have to hold the shift lever to keep it in gear, stuff like that.. I'm sure the shift forks are shot, etc... dogs chewed up etc. If I could find a bottom end, then I could be really lazy and just drop my ported cylinders on and be done with it.... The stuff in maine on craigs list is cool, but shipping, calling, etc. gets too complicated... I could search for an RD motor on email probably...

Thanks for your suggestions
Karl

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
That was why I was asking... what do you need?

I have more rd transmissions than I can shake a stick at. Will a 350 transmission fit?
I'll just freakin mail it to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts