Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Ducati 996, 18 Ducati Monster
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New to the forum uploaded a few pics of my last build that I completed. I have a lot more pics in my album. I recently sold this bike and have started another.
I currently own 99 Ducati 996 and 18 Ducati Monster. My newest winter project will be a 83 Honda Magna V45.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
:cool: I don't really want to say anything negative, but in all your motorcycle experiences did you never see the importance of a front fender? I bet the new owner has already discovered it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow ok. I guess you are not happy about it....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
My original response was a bit harsh, sorry about that. No, not a fan, but hey, it's your bike!
i dont think you where harsh. im not a fan either. would like it better if you turned the black/yellow bike into the red/green/white one. maybe i dont know enough about ducati's . like you said -its his bike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well don't know how you was raised. I was raised if you don't have anything good to say don't say it.
I typically move on in forum topics if I don't like something. But hey I am new here maybe this forum only wants a certain "click"

So I will apologize in advance. I build what "YOU" don't like. Keeps me content.

Life is short, be happy!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You've come to the wrong forum if you are looking for people to praise that build.
If you don't want people's opinions, don't post on a public forum.

That is hideous.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Well don't know how you was raised. I was raised if you don't have anything good to say don't say it.
I typically move on in forum topics if I don't like something. But hey I am new here maybe this forum only wants a certain "click"

So I will apologize in advance. I build what "YOU" don't like. Keeps me content.

Life is short, be happy!
Not a click, I can only speak for myself and if a motorcycle doesn't have fenders it's pretty useless because I ride them, even a competition only trials bike needs fenders, motorcycles with no fenders equals an incomplete street motorcycle, you removed vital parts that make the thing ridable, and you can't say you did it because it never rains where you live, you sold the bike like that, what's the deal with that? Seen it all too often on this site since 2011 not one person has come up with the value of no fenders and a chopper license plate bracket so you get a nice roost off the rear tire, that makes it stationary art! This place is about riding them and fixing them and making they work better, not just powder paint. Don't go away, just use this place for the things it is good for. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You've come to the wrong forum if you are looking for people to praise that build.
If you don't want people's opinions, don't post on a public forum.

That is hideous.
I don't mind criticism, it helps people see from a different perspective . But you don't have ability to see the original post as it was edited. Which was not criticism it was total disrepect. Thanks to DucDave for editing his post. All good here.

I get it...some don't or won't like the build style, color choice, or even the bike used.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Post modification you could no longer plate or ride that motorcycle street legal anywhere in Canada (y) good thing it lives in the states, apparently you guys can ride anything. Up here that would be stationary art.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
apparently you guys can ride anything.
just about, laws differ state to state . some states like new jersey, where i live, theres no vehicle inspection. you have to do something really stupid to get a ticket.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
just about, laws differ state to state . some states like new jersey, where i live, theres no vehicle inspection. you have to do something really stupid to get a ticket.
Use to be like that here at one time.

Still waiting for a reasonable explanation for removing a front fender other then 'it looks cool' or 'I never ride in rain'
because to anyone that actually rides motorcycles it's just plain old stupid and ugly and non functional even if it was legal which it's not.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i googled 944 duc and came up with these. if i was to change one i would go with something that resembles one of these. to be honest they do look kind of boring compared to sting. personal taste

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i googled 944 duc and came up with these. if i was to change one i would go with something that resembles one of these. to be honest they do look kind of boring compared to sting. personal taste View attachment 104145 .... View attachment 104146
The topic bike is a standard run of the mill production 98 900ss. A complete basket case. But i got it cheap. The fairings on the bike were from a 944. Frame and engine looked like it was painted with a brush. Wire harness mods. Typical 22yld changes due to multiple owners.
The previous owner did put a high comp piston kit in it, and it did run good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't mind criticism, it helps people see from a different perspective . But you don't have ability to see the original post as it was edited. Which was not criticism it was total disrepect. Thanks to DucDave for editing his post. All good here.

I get it...some don't or won't like the build style, color choice, or even the bike used.
Charley is right, my original post was quite aggressive so I edited it to appear to be less of an a$$. I was pretty disappointed by how the 900SS was modified but am glad that Charlie has thick skin, and hopefully will stay around for a while.

Will be interested to hear your plans for the Magna. I promise not to disrespect your ideas (unless they include knobblies or Firestones, pipe wrap, knee dents, etc.). Take care.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Cheap basket case that runs good sounds like a race bike, I think I would have turned it into a race bike and beat the snot out of it on a closed course.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Magna, CV carburetor bike with a fuel pump?
Replace the frame and relocate the fuel tank lower if you want to turn that one into a race bike. or not

1 - 20 of 30 Posts