Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
It is like Bumblebee from transformers fucked a Chinese scooter and had a bastard love child.

I guess if you wanted a OCC chopper, but only had a Ducati.....neat.
Defiantly not a thing for this forum at all.
Could have made a hell of a performance machine with those parts....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If you are surprised by the responses you’ve gotten, you might want to read this thread....

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I don't mean to sound like a dick but I probably will. In my defense, I haven't have any chocolate yet today. No flames intended here just a few comments.

Pedantic shit first. The word is "clique", not click. Sorry, pet peeve.

Like the term "cafe racer", I guess the term "basket case" has many definitions. That first picture is nowhere near a basket case in my world. A basket case means it's a collection of parts. As in you brought it home in baskets.

There never was a Ducati 944. Well, ok, there was but Ducati didn't call it that. That fairing is from a 900ss but has aftermarket graphics on it. Judging by the markings, that high compression kit a previous owner added was a big bore kit. And it also had flat slide carbs. Should have run pretty well if it was set up right. Great start for a project bike.

The saving grace is, it looks like that started life as a CR so it wasn't all that desirable to begin with. Friends don't let friends buy CRs later than '95. Well, maybe if there is a fork swap in the plan.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Like the term "cafe racer", I guess the term "basket case" has many definitions. That first picture is nowhere near a basket case in my world. A basket case means it's a collection of parts. As in you brought it home in baskets.
As Desmo said, “basket case”...

To be honest, I shed a tear when I saw what you did to one of my favorite styled Ducati’s. I love the pre-Terblanche 900’s.

·
Registered
830 Posts
yes, the carby ss is the one you cut up to upset people. at least he used an ie tank, removing some of that unlovedness from circulation.

i figured he was in trouble before i saw his pics simply from the way he ended his post with "enjoy".

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
at least he didnt put number plates on it. nothing i hate more then dorks putting plates on road bikes.

·
Registered
276 Posts
By coincidence I bought one two weeks ago....under 9000 miles.... from its original owner. He'd locked it away in his garage in 1998 because of a very bad noise from the engine. Turned out the oil cooler had sheared its mounts and was trying to eat its way through the fairing....easiest Ducati fix I've ever had!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
By coincidence I bought one two weeks ago....under 9000 miles.... from its original owner. He'd locked it away in his garage in 1998 because of a very bad noise from the engine. Turned out the oil cooler had sheared its mounts and was trying to eat its way through the fairing....easiest Ducati fix I've ever had!

View attachment 104190
:cool: You should tell the previous owner you have interest in his next motorcycle once something falls off that one too.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts