Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Ancient crappy Pantah motor? Must-a Be-a Joking-huh?

It's like a Yamaha Star Bolt 950, pretending to be a dirt bike. Mixed with a few little SR500 styling cues.

Everything Ducati produces these days looks cheap, tacky and dated. And I don't mean retro.

It would be neat with a CX 650 motor.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Ancient crappy Pantah motor? Must-a Be-a Joking-huh?

It's like a Yamaha Star Bolt 950, pretending to be a dirt bike. Mixed with a few little SR500 styling cues.

Everything Ducati produces these days looks cheap, tacky and dated. And I don't mean retro.

It would be neat with a CX 650 motor.

Danger, is my business.
Why you still persist in being the village idiot is beyond me, but you're still good for a half laugh at times.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I like it too, it seems like a jack of all trades master of none simple motorcycle. Knowing ducati they will find some way to screw it up, screw all their customers in some way, and still be praised because they are Italian and good looking.

I don't remember the 70's desmo 450 scrambler being such an icon that would warrant this. I think it was a mediocre seller when new.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Ducati needs a single.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Mediocre sales when new means that it is super rare and interesting now.
Hence the baller hipsterness of the new rendition.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
----Good grief. Delve into some of the "lifestyle" photos in the gallery to find cringeworthy moments, such as "man stands on bike at sunset," "man leaps over bike at the beach" and my favorite – "bike breaks down next to haystack."

If a bike breaking down next to a haystack doesn't make you want to buy one of these things, then what will???

I think the bike looks pretty cool, but being that its a ducati I'm assuming the price will be steep.(Well, steep for me anyway) And I'm with hillsy, his pic is legit.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Ducati should be ashamed of this:

"The Scrambler name has much in common with the verb to scramble – mixing up, blending, letting the imagination run free, sharing with others. Ducati Scrambler, the two-wheeled alter ego of those who ride it, is a cultural movement in and of itself. It’s free-spirited, positive and anti-conformist, open to encounters with other philosophies and styles. Ducati Scrambler isn’t just a bike, it’s a world."

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
" Scrambler " is an appropriate name.

Every Ducati owner I've ever known, has had his brain scrambled, and had a breakdown.

Danger, is my business.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Of course Ducati could have build something sweet handling and very light, like the old Moto Morini Camel 500.

moto_morini_camel.jpg

It was only 137 kilos, not a 175 lump.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I very much agree with Geeto regarding the blurb, it reads like it was concocted by a brand new PR assistant with English as a second language indulging in a bit of trawling through a thesaurus.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Segment seems over full and flat through.

V7, thuxton, boni, scrambler, cb1100, sr400, ect ect.
while all have merit and are actually cool I don't see many of "us" buying one. Nor do I see many around.
seems the talk always goes "yeah that thing is kinda cool, but I'm not spending my money on it"

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
actually I was sitting on a new cb1100 the other day. I have in the past thought about buying a bonnie scrambler if funds allowed, and I have personally decided that when funds allow I am going to hunt down a green guzzi v7 cafe (not that tacky racer). I bought a sportclassic once, I can buy something else (if the wife lets me).

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I regret not buying a sport classic when I had the chance.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts