Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW BIKE DAY!!
i'm looking to get a new bike and have it narrowed down to two.
Ducati sport classic 1000 or Triumph Thruxton, and i wanted some of your opinions on either. i understand they are different bikes.

i was leaning towards the Triumph and then upgrading a lot of the parts. The dealer i talked to offers free liquids for life (oil brake fluid) plus labor charges, or i can do it myself and they will stamp my maintence guide to keep my warranty. also 15% off any accesories i want for the first 90 days and 10% off from there on out.
triumphperformanceusa.com if you're wondering. cool guys.

The ducati is obviously gonna be more from the get go, and i'm assuming a lot more to maintain. i was told for a lot of things they have to drop the entire engine. but its such a sweet bike! going to look at one today.

its a second bike (other one is '76 cb400) i wanted something to ride long distances and not have to worry about it leaving me stranded. i'm not super rich or anything, but i could afford the duc.

do you think the ducati is worth the extra funds?? will one be more comfortable to ride?? which one will get me laid more??jk

thanks for your help ahead of time. there is a lot more knowledge and experience on this board then i will ever have.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for all the info!
being as i'm 5'3. long reach and standover height are a big issue.
i plan on riding to work and back 70+miles/day
and i live in so cal by a bunch of rich people that just buy stuff to buy stuff (not a real price break)

i guess i'm still leaning towards the triumph. i freak out about my stuff i really like and wouldnt want to ride the duc anywhere i couldnt see it parked. it'll be my commuter bike.

i missed out on a paul smart a couple months ago. had twenty miles on it and they were selling it for 11,500.

i'm still gonna go by the dealership today and see if it really calls my name.

thanks geeto!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts