Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these tires any good at all?

are they under any kind of recall?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Good grip, poor mileage. Older compound but they stick well. No recalls that I could find.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Good grip, poor mileage. Older compound but they stick well. No recalls that I could find.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a zero miles pair, virtually no uv exposure, that have disentegrating sidewalls

I can't recall ever seeing anything quite like it

I have an older pair of 50 mile normal compound k591's and they do not have this problem despite being used and subjected to a good bit of sunbathing. I can't say their gripping
is anything stellar.

Neither pair was inexpensive.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a zero miles pair, virtually no uv exposure, that have disentegrating sidewalls

I can't recall ever seeing anything quite like it

I have an older pair of 50 mile normal compound k591's and they do not have this problem despite being used and subjected to a good bit of sunbathing. I can't say their gripping
is anything stellar.

Neither pair was inexpensive.

·
Registered
576 Posts
No, they're not cheap. I had a set of Avon Venoms that did the exact same thing. Called the rep who called the factory who told me "Tough Shit".

·
Registered
576 Posts
No, they're not cheap. I had a set of Avon Venoms that did the exact same thing. Called the rep who called the factory who told me "Tough Shit".

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd believe that. I don't have a Dunlop number to call, but, I wrote them. So far no reply.

I've had Avons weather check and some even rot....

but only after years of being hammered.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd believe that. I don't have a Dunlop number to call, but, I wrote them. So far no reply.

I've had Avons weather check and some even rot....

but only after years of being hammered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts