Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tex and others - where did you get your Dyna S for your cb350. I am ready to order, but all I can find are the Dyna S ignitions for four cylinder bikes. Am I just an idiot? (*this is a freebie comment for Champ to respond to...)

Pete

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
pete, by the one for the cb500/550/750. they fire 2 and 2. so it works on the cb350. they run on the crank. youll need a mounting plate. and the rotor will need to be tapered to fit the crank taper. drop chris m a line. [email protected] hurry, hes moving to canada and getting rid of his email addy. he'll have a new one, and hes around for another month, but if you need it now, you should catch him now. mine is on that red bike i had been riding. i dont know if chris has a spare setup in the box. im going to hang on to mine. but its possibe chris has a setup ready to go on.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
pete, by the one for the cb500/550/750. they fire 2 and 2. so it works on the cb350. they run on the crank. youll need a mounting plate. and the rotor will need to be tapered to fit the crank taper. drop chris m a line. [email protected] hurry, hes moving to canada and getting rid of his email addy. he'll have a new one, and hes around for another month, but if you need it now, you should catch him now. mine is on that red bike i had been riding. i dont know if chris has a spare setup in the box. im going to hang on to mine. but its possibe chris has a setup ready to go on.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
pete,

if you need the model numbers off the ones i ordered i got my m.t. dyna boxes downstairs.

let me know wassup!

tex

p.s.- i got mine off a internet parts warehouse out west that chris m. hooked me up with.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
pete,

if you need the model numbers off the ones i ordered i got my m.t. dyna boxes downstairs.

let me know wassup!

tex

p.s.- i got mine off a internet parts warehouse out west that chris m. hooked me up with.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
coils should be the dyna pt# DC3-1...3ohm, 1400 secondary resistance, one outlet, blah blah blah.

i don't know anything about the PVL/dyna/no battery ignition? i have the boretech full advance thingy spinning on the cam, with the little black box.

-tt

Edited by - ttilghman on Jul 31 2007 7:55:33 PM

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
coils should be the dyna pt# DC3-1...3ohm, 1400 secondary resistance, one outlet, blah blah blah.

i don't know anything about the PVL/dyna/no battery ignition? i have the boretech full advance thingy spinning on the cam, with the little black box.

-tt

Edited by - ttilghman on Jul 31 2007 7:55:33 PM

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Bad news from my wallet. 91 Degrees in Schenectady on Tuesday and the H8S condensor/compressor unit for my central air frooze up like an eskimo's popsicle in January. The unit is so old, that they don't make replacement condensors for the type of coil and plumbing I have...so, new coil, lines and a Goodman 2ton, with installation (me and my buddy who is an heating/air contractor) is going to cost me $2,100! Can you say bye, bye bike fund! I am going to try to get the bike to run correctly with the stock points and coils and see what happens for Labor day. Can you say....SON OF A @#@$! I'd go with out air conditioning if it was just me in the house, but my wife, kids and soon to visit in-laws would revolt! Its 95 degrees today. Damn it.

Yeller'
---

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
quote:Am I just an idiot? (*this is a freebie comment for Champ to respond to...)
Mr Casper, You are not an idiot....you're just a wanker!!
I feel your pain with the a/c. I had my artesian well fail in feb. ya know minus 20 degree windchill, 280' down. They had to bring in a back hoe with a jack hammer attachment to get by the 3' of frost. Total bill $4400.00.

JS

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Champ,
More details on the well please.
I have a 400' deep well. Had the pump fail one winter, cost about $1000 to put in a new one...they had to use a truck and pull the line down the street so far I could hardly see him.

What did they have to do to fix the problem with yours? I keep a couple of $k set aside for just such an emergency.

JohnnyB

Edited by - jbranson on Aug 02 2007 12:35:02 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the goodman is a good unit. gets great reviews in consumer reports. we just finished putting in a 3 ton goodman unit in our house.

jc

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
$2100 for a new coil, lineset & condensor (installed!) is nothing to complain about. I work for a Bryant distributor, And I couldn't get that stuff for much less.

Oh yeah, it's 95 here too & despite my employer, wife & kids, I don't have a/c at all.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Read carefully, I was not complaining about the price, I was complaining about the fact that I don't have the cash. And another thing, you don't have my mother-n-law - but I will sell her to you for $2,400 (I figure I should make a profit so I can buy the ignition and coils).

Yeller'
---

Edited by - Pete Casper on Aug 03 2007 08:23:31 AM

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
pete,

congratulations.....you jacked your own thread!

tex

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is an art form....

Yeller'
---

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
no, the twin is a retro fit job from the 500 550 and 750's.

dyna doesnt make one for the 350 twin.

jc

1 - 20 of 34 Posts