Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tinkerbell the atomic nipponese traffic cone and i are gonna float our way down the tarmac tomorrow to a car show about 400 clicks away. should be back around monday and the weekend will entail probably 1200 kays. the run on saturday heads to a dragstrip and i might chuck her down for a run. i doubt i'll hit the 11.2 she was touted for when new, and claim no great talents or deathwish.

not a hell of a long way from home overall and the same strip as i ran marlene the love of my life on three years ago to her legendary 19.3 second passes. no certainty i'll be welcome as i was the only bike to run last time meaning solo runs delaying all the other revellers for however long it took me to get on, then off, then over the line and it may cost more than last time which could nix the plan complete irrespective.

even without terrorizing the quarter, i'm looking forward to getting her out and about to do some touring rather than the short runs the poor bitch keeps getting lumbered with. my little harem of two wheeled girls aren't called upon to do much but flitter round the district or commute so this will be a real treat for the fastest thing you could buy stock in 1981. theres a 110 zone along the way and thats sadly as good as it gets short of a run over the northern territory border to do 130 in a legal fashion.

seems a shame to leave her strangled down at speeds its not even awake for but thems the breaks. still not as funny as those poor saps on hayabusa's who technically have no need for five of their gears, though regardless a tragic waste. would love to take her on the autobahn someday but the shipping costs aren't worth it.

now, if i had an airstrip at my disposal, none of this would even be a point of interest whatsoever. still, one can dream.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I know "Clicks" are Kilometers. But what are "Kays"???

You Oz guys need to learn to speak english...

Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
evening jack. given time vee vill confert you all to zee orstrahlian vay off speakink!

or at a minimum teach you the proper uses of the words "pissed", "thong", and perhaps even get your steering wheels on the correct side.

or not. anytime you need translations, i'd recommend a good hit of OP bundy and a vegemite sandwich. the world will look better and smell cooler at least. tinkerbell is my GSX1100EX. flitter refers to not going anywhere in particular at a reasonable gait. northern territory is where we store "Ayers Rock".

let me know if i missed anything and i'll get tony in here to british'ize it and then noone will be able to decipher it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
over proof "bundaberg rum" (google it. its not a bad drop). made bout 450 MILES away and 57% alcohol. good flavour in spite of paint thinner status.

vegemite is a brown axle grease like spread based on an extract of yeast that tourists confuse with nutella/chocolate whip and spread 1/4 of an inch thick then spend hours immediately after vomiting and swear off it for life. then there are others who fall in love with the stuff like my buddy pamela in iowa.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was a good weekend. good fuel economy, fair weather for all but my last ten kays, and no overall mechanical maladies.

squeezed a 12.8 out of her too. then home to chocolate and some scotch. not a bad aftermath to a birthday. nother long weekend comin up and a further 600 mile round trip. occasionally life stops sucking long enough to make itself worthwhile.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was a good weekend. good fuel economy, fair weather for all but my last ten kays, and no overall mechanical maladies.

squeezed a 12.8 out of her too. then home to chocolate and some scotch. not a bad aftermath to a birthday. nother long weekend comin up and a further 600 mile round trip. occasionally life stops sucking long enough to make itself worthwhile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts