·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Wonder what it will go for..

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do love the total vintage look its got ..a shame that the big money that buys this will prob be a hipster's and they will just screw this bike and its history..:(

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm hoping it gets cleaned up, made to run again and put on display somewhere as is I love the "AMA Tech Inspection" sticker and the safety wiring. It would be a great vintage race bike.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the write up states it is a runner,and been driven .. the owner has just performed limited clean up and repair to get it to run..

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's relisted ...bid's posted 08/08/13 have it at $ 12,100.00US and climbing...:eek:

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
It didn't meet reserve at $12K. Not worth that to me unless it had some famous race history by a known racer. The mere fact that someone raced it is not enough to make it that collectible.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It didn't meet reserve at $12K. Not worth that to me unless it had some famous race history by a known racer. The mere fact that someone raced it is not enough to make it that collectible.
Its collectable in that it is complete and unmolested. But they made a lot of those 125s. I bet not many are still complete. 12K is steep.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
as I read this, its said to be a production racer...

I take a production racer mean's it was assembled by the factory in limited numbers with a minimum number sold off to the public to meet a santioning body's requirement's of racing a production run bike...

I'd bet they likely saved the very best of those just for their teams ..it's still definatly a rare bike..

So in comparison to your thought CafeRay2 ,your saying an original production racer 64' thunderbolt isn't worth alot of money,just because they built alot of fairlanes ?????
:rolleyes:

As was said above,would be nice to know what races it ran, if it placed and who by...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts