Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i buy a set of spokes for the xr. a half set of rears as the auction reads. i get them, leave good feedback, then head down to the shop. the guy sent me front spokes. listed the spokes on the site as the correct honda part, but they arent the part number he listed. so ive emailed him 2x. got nothing back. whatchya all think???

the ad auction clearly says rears. i dont want these things.

heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=180197353715&rd=1

jc

Edited by - joe c on Jan 12 2008 4:26:51 PM

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not much you can do since you left feedback already. Paypal or ebay will do nothingto get your money back. You can go into your "My Ebay" and get his contact info including phone number. It is easy to ignore emails bt harder to ignore phone calls. Give him the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe he has been on vacation, family issues or just plain busy. Don't get rude with him just yet. Just give him a call and see what the situation is. Hopefully it was a slip up and he will get the right part out to you or return your money. Good luck

Rochester, NY
74 CB450
73 Triumph Bonnie 750
80 KZ1000 drag/street

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sounds like he sent you the wrong parts, like maybe he still has the ones that were listed? I'd get in touch through his store. If he can't make it right I'd take it up with eBay.
I've heard that eBay is feeling the pressure from Yahoo and some of the other online retailers, so they're pretty interested in keeping up their reputation. (FWIW)

FR

·
Registered
585 Posts
Worst case scenario is that you just bought yourself a $30 learning experience + shipping. Worse things could happen.

I hope it all works out.
Peace and grease
-fang

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if only i could actually learn something from spending 30 bucks!!

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Here's a tip.....every freakin set of spokes I've ever bought on ebay has been the wrong spokes....meaning different that what was listed. Like you I didn't find out until much later when I actually tried to install them. A lot of these guys mean well, but they buy parts lots and it's a roll of the dice if the part numbers they've come up with actually match the parts they have. I don't think they do it on purpose...but think about it, it would be a huge task to try to positively identify huge parts lots that are often 20+ years old. I've got a nice set of "CB160" spokes....that far as I can tell don't fit any CB160 ever made in case someone is interested in them :)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
569 Posts
as always...ebay = Caveat emptor

I would try and contact the seller direct, unless they are in Tiwan or someplace..

I've found that while ebay can be a good source of vintage parts, more times than not I get the parts from people I buy from on a regular basis and even if the price is a couple bucks more I can resolve things easily.
Well and I have a friend who is a mechanic in the local Honda shop.

dch.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jbs right. i think someone probably got these, in a bag labeled xr100, figured they were rears, and put them up that way. ive emailed 2x. no answer. 3rd one goes out today. then i start emailing bidders maybe. i dont care if i get a no return as an answer, but i aint taking no reply at all. thats just fucking obnoxious. eh...il most likely report it to ebay.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah, these things are 3" too long. should have been almost obvious. as soon is i walked into the shop with them i looked and knew.

really blows cuz i need em!

jc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts