Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a part on ebay right now that i MUST HAVE to complete my RD400 restoration. You think it would be rude for me to email everybody who has already bid on the item and tell them to just give up because i WILL win the item?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I'm just kidding about that. I saw it popped up today on my "newly listed" search and i was just like "MINE". Anybody else here ever been in a similar circumstance?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I have once. Not going into details, but I just stayed up the night the auction ended and put in an outrageous bid. Won the item at much lower than my maximum bid. Actually turned out to be a bargain.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wouldn't conspire with anybody about bidding or let anybody know that you must have it. E-bay doesn't like conspiring and somebody might drive the price up (maybe even the buyer) knowing that you have a high limit. No sense paying $200 if you couldv've gotten it a $25. Just wait for the last minute and put in you're $200 maximum bid (or whatever it is)and let it happen. As Juderamone said, you might get supprised.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
That's what sniping is all about. Look into it. I've only missed 1 item because the snipe service f'd up. But it's the best way to ensure you don't pay too much against other bidders.

FR

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah, im an ebay veteran. 171 rating right now! LOL. notice i didnt tell you what the part was? ahahahaha. i really hope i get this stuff for a steal. I still don't have a sniping program, because i think that goes against the "spirit" of ebay a bit. However, i do stay up late/get up early or stay over at work just so i can personally snipe an auction. I was trying to snipe one yesterday and i actually got out sniped! The one click bidding on there is really nice, but i couldnt even click fast enough to win it! in other news...I talked to my paint guy today, and he said he could get it painted in 2 weeks!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but how would you guys feel if you had a message in your inbox from a guy that said "you might as well quit bidding on this item, because i am taking it home...so just don't waste your time" i would probably laugh at it, but then immediately go place a pretty rediculous bid on it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a little update, these people apparently don't know they are messing with the bid master and are elevating the price of this prized item. oh man, im going to start playing "you got another thing comin..." sheesh...ebay rookies! HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, time to have a dish of crow for supper. i'm not buying these RD400 REAR SETS now...they are going for more than these things cost brand new. while i am no ebay rookie, at least i am a smart shopper. i'll let these idiots bid them up and i'll get a brand new set for less money...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts