Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I list my Honda SL70 on ebay...it's trucking along for about 4 days, got like 40+ people watching, like 700 views, people bidding already, reserve was $300, buy it now was $600. So some chump keeps emailing me trying to strike a deal "off ebay"...tells me there is like a $100 selling fee for bikes....I check. Yep those bastards were going to charge me $100 for selling a $600 bike. That's some way wack frashizzel. So I yank the listing and post it here, craig's list etc.

Not one place, not one time while I was creating the auction did ebay give notice that there was a $100 charge if you sold the vehicle. I could relist it as a "parts bike" and pay the normal charges...but I'm so pissed I'm going to try it elsewhere first....bastards. No wonder people are abandoning that place.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Do you ever feel abandoned?

Seriously I hate that shit, that happened to me years ago with a rolling BSA chasis which was in fact a part bike (no motor). I had listed in the wrong section, this was before their 4000 sub directories, and was charged the $100.

This isn't the the little blue bike you were trying to run me over when I ws riding Kerrys bike is it?

Aaron

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yeah, my father has been making a killing off of buying and selling on ebay, but even to sell a pocket knife they reach so deep into his pockets he gave it up. this was after making 15k in one year.

DOWN WITH EBAY!! DOWN WITH EBAY!!

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaron,
Yes, it's the blue Clever Dog pit bike that served us so well for so long. Mary used to love it....till she got her XR100.
They are getting stupid money for these things now. A half ass restoration get's $2k, and top notch restoration will sometimes get $5k.
It was a great bike for running over people.
JohnnyB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts