Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have to go into the bike breaking business. So far I've parted out a 350 duc for $750 with plenty of stuff still to sell...paid $100 for the whole bike.

Champ....I've got a pristine bronze OEM exhaust nut off the bike...you intere$ted?
JohnnyB

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's pretty easy to see why there are so many 160s and 175s being sold piecemeal. Most bikes are worth a lot more as parts.

Michael

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did the same with my 76 CB750. Paid 200 for a running bike. Sold it piece by piece on Ebay and made 600-700 dollars from it. lots of people seem to need the old parts. Must be alot of restos out there.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jbranson

I might have to go into the bike breaking business. So far I've parted out a 350 duc for $750 with plenty of stuff still to sell...paid $100 for the whole bike.
What parts have you get left from the 350???

I'm collecting parts for a 350 Bitsa right now...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've got tons of cb750 parts I could sell - I'm just having a hard time parting with anything and I keep them for my builds. I just picked up a set of bags the other day for 50 bucks in nice shape with the key locks intact - I know I could get an easy 150 to 200 for them on ebay, but I'm keeping them. Now if I could raid Geeto's private stock pile....

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bmartin

I've got tons of cb750 parts I could sell - I'm just having a hard time parting with anything and I keep them for my builds. I just picked up a set of bags the other day for 50 bucks in nice shape with the key locks intact - I know I could get an easy 150 to 200 for them on ebay, but I'm keeping them. Now if I could raid Geeto's private stock pile....
haven't you heard - for the right price everything is for sale...my right price just happens to be above market value right now, but I will be trying to buy a house next year.....:D[8D]

·
Registered
187 Posts
In the last few months I have parted out two 84 FJ1100, 83 GS1100 shaft, 74 RD200, two CB350 and a CB175. Total paid for all was $300 (most were free because I bought a bike from someone who wanted to get rid of a "junk" bike). I made $3200 from them so far with lots left over. It is amazing what people will give away and equally amazing what people are willing to pay for something. Most parts went overseas for some reason. No more time to part out anything so I am selling a few complete bikes like 81 XS650 and a titled KZ650 just to get them out of the garage.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've got a complete 66 Sebring that lives in my basement and depresses me every time i go down there. Engine is in about 3 big pieces and needs rebuilt if anyone is interested. Should this be in the "BIKES FOR SALE" category? figured since you were on the subject of 350 ducs.........

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Desmo,
In a day or so I'll be putting up a OEM exhaust nut (bronze) in perfect condition, the cylinder at stock bore (would need to be bored). In the next couple of weeks, the engine lower end parts, ignition, orginal carb (in nice shape), peg mounts, side stand, center stand, alloy Akront bars and fork clamps.
All is from a 75 350 SCR.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Geeto - got a turbo for a cb750?????? I just saw one go by on ebay - dang-it.... I'll save my pennies till next year...lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
oh i mis understood. a DESIRABLE 350 duc. now that i mention it i would feel better selling it to a completely random person on the 'bay than a little less than random person on this forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts