Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The van containing my race bike just got broken into, and my bike stolen. It's a stock tt500 frame with a quick change rear wheel, upside-down '79 YZ400 swingarm, Kawasaki mag front wheel, Grimeca brake and a dented aluminum fuel tank. I believe the van was parked somewhere in the Bronx, I'll update that as I get more info. Pics below. Any info, please get in touch with me (Scott) directly at 917. 595 0541.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Shitballs, man. I'm sorry. I hope that fucker gets his dick caught in a taffy maker.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
If you have renters insurance you may be able to file a claim, hitch might be that it is a complete bike. might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'll keep an eye out, I'm never in bronx though...lower half of manhattan and brooklyn im all over.

Sorry dude, hopefully you find your bike soon

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Geeto. I wondered the same thing about renter's insurance, unfortunately I don't have any so it doesn't matter. I'm not feeling too optimistic about getting it back, but wanted to put some photos out there anyway. Best case is I'll have a story similar to Tex's race bike recovery, but more likely I'm done for the season.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
search ebay and cl for the next six months. Chances are the people that stole the van wanted the van, not the bike inside and may try to offload it or part it out. I would say why not post a pic on CL and offer a reward (I have $200 I could add to the pot).

was this wingnut's van?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
12 hours later, the bikes have already been found! Apparently the kids who stole them couldn't figure out how to get them started, so they just ditched them a couple blocks away from where the van was parked. I haven't seen my bike yet, but it sounds like they're safe and sound, and my leathers/boots/steel shoe were left in the van, so I'm good to race next weekend. Thanks for the support and concern, I've definitely gotten unbelievably lucky today.

·
Registered
854 Posts
when ever i see recovered i hope and pray that the owner caught them...but still glad to hear you got it back.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Great news.
I hope at least one of the little shits broke his ankle trying to start a race 500 :D
Good job it wasn't a 250, they could probably start one of those, if only by accident

1 - 20 of 27 Posts