Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
given that my job is somewhat bureaucratic in nature I kinda have my own system for dealing with the credit card's rigid deadline. I have found that if you do not setup automatic electronic billing but keep everything paper mail that they give you an extra 5 days grace period (you may want to check with your credit card company to make sure about this since I don't have capital one). This doesn't mean I don't pay online, I do but I do it through an e-check at my bank. I still get the 5 days grace period past deadline of snail mail and get the convenience of paying online. I send them a check via snail mail every couple of months to remind them I am not an electronic customer.

I also call the credit card company ever three months and ask them to lower my rate. So far they have lowered it twice this year, and when they can't sometimes the give me a limited promotional rate that they are running for new card members. Works about ever 3 or 4 times I call. It is too bad they require this much attention but it beats taking it up the poop chute because of their rigid rules.

Krapfever....now that you have paid late I am almost certain they have jacked up your rate. you better call them monday and see if they have changed it and then have them lower it. The rate jack (to the highest possible maximum) happens automatically but if you don't jump on it right away they get to charge you all that time between your last statement and the new statement when they intend for you to find out about it. Tricky bastards.

this year I have vowed to pay all my cards off and in 2008 I am going back to cash only. If you are savvy you can get all sorts of discounts for paying cash (this has kind of gone away but I usually find a way to make older retailers remember the old way of doing business on medium to big ticket items). Remember cash is always an advantage because if nothing else it is immediate.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i used to do drainline maintenance/plumb for the mbna campuses throughout wilmington and newark, delaware. the one campus building where they process bills is pretty huge and always kinda "locked down." you walk down this one corridor towards the cafeteria that are lined with floor to ceiling glass walls on both sides. in those rooms are their printers, being fed by these massive paper rolls (your statement) and it is spinning sonic speeds......kinda makes you think about how much money that all represents.

casey and i are going to be credit card free in 2008 too!

texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i used to do drainline maintenance/plumb for the mbna campuses throughout wilmington and newark, delaware. the one campus building where they process bills is pretty huge and always kinda "locked down." you walk down this one corridor towards the cafeteria that are lined with floor to ceiling glass walls on both sides. in those rooms are their printers, being fed by these massive paper rolls (your statement) and it is spinning sonic speeds......kinda makes you think about how much money that all represents.

casey and i are going to be credit card free in 2008 too!

texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
cap one sucks. so does citi. i get piles and piles of credit card offers at the shop. mostly from cap 1. the newest highest rate they can charge is 31%. youd be better off going to a loan shark. if you call them before the time its due, they will almost always let you slide a day or so.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
cap one sucks. so does citi. i get piles and piles of credit card offers at the shop. mostly from cap 1. the newest highest rate they can charge is 31%. youd be better off going to a loan shark. if you call them before the time its due, they will almost always let you slide a day or so.

jc

21 - 29 of 29 Posts