Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird question here.... I use a cheap electric tooth brush to clean complex, delicate parts....carb bodies etc.
What I was wondering is if anyone has ever seen wire brush replacement heads for these? Seems like a no-brainer, would be extremely useful for cleaning small parts.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:
depends on the brand.

...connoisseur of slack...
Yeah, like if it's a Colgate brand, NFW, but if it's a Dremel, way.

FR

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think corporate looked at it, but legal had nightmare visions of foaming bottom feeding, swine ambulance chasing product liability lawyers tooling up for a massive ass probe.

Call R & D ask them why you haven't recieved your beta delrin micropore inserts. Don't they know the project time frame? Who dropped the effing ball here? get on it people. NOW!
make the call JohnnyB.

bcr

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know our legal dept. looked at it and said we'd get our ass handed to us if little missy brushed her gums to the bone with a stainless steel brush head.

But seriously....imagine being able to get into those little aluminum nooks and crannies and being able to polish them bright with a brass brush head.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
569 Posts
JB...try the fiber brushes for your dremel, not cheap, don't last very long, but they work well, you can get them in a wheel shape or a cup shape. Can probably get brass also.

dch

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
olmstead would know. he was an engineer at gillette and still does consulting work for them. they own dial, braun, duracell, and a bunch of the big places. if he doesnt know he'll just make something up.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe Mike can have some custom made :)

I've got the dremel stuff, still doesn't quite fit the bill. Soda blaster would mean cleaning/rinsing everything again.

I'm just being picky.

JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want a Stainless Steel bristle brush that was tested on a rabbits eye to check for sharpness and penetration of the bristles.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I'd like to know why Gillette razors are sooooo damned expensive? $9 for a four pack of blades? WTF???? Gillette is one of the companies pushing for RFID tags on everything you buy - gee I wonder why they have problems with people stealing their razor blades?

Jim

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The test rabbits they shave are expensive.

And Richard Gere has cornered the market on blades to shave his Gerbil collection.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
does MIKEO put deoderant under the rabbits little arms? Who sniffs them? Gerbils feet are even smaller than rabbits, how do they operate the on/off buttons on electric toothbrushes?
Now I know why some people are against animal testing- what does it really prove?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm all in favour of testing on animals...if they didn't you'd get this type of testing done

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mike O is officially retired and could give a shit less about custom made tooth brush heads. But I don't remember seeing anything other than tooth brush bristles when I had access to seeing such things.

Mike O.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
"olmstead consulting, where your package is our priority"

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great...just when Mike O. might be worth something to someone he says he's not interested :)

JohnnyB

1 - 20 of 28 Posts