Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good source for electrical connectors? Having a hard time locating bullet style connectors and small spades.
Thanks
BFD

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Bill,
There is some guy on ebay that sells complete electrical connector kits for Japanese bikes. All the different bullet connectors and sockets and plastic covers.
About $70 though.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
BFD,
I get mine at the local hardware store-located in the nuts and bolts section. If you can't find them I have plenty for you to have.

Champ

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tips guys.
Champ- thanks for the offer. I've been to 2 or 3 hardware stores but there are a few more to left. If I strike out I'll get in touch
BFD

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
there is a real source for the serious jap bike stuff yer looking for. its nice stuff but you have to buy the crimp tool also. ill ask. i know chris knows the place.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
bfd,

i can never send you email. it always bounces back. send me some alternate email and i'll tell you about pvl mounting points. i don't want to say it here or j not that will steal my super secret go fast mounting position that gives you an extra 2 hp.

damn i'm awesome. good looking too!

tex

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those are great links, thanks Joe and Rosko. JohnnyB Now that you mention the ebay vendor I remember seeing something like that.
Tex Sorry I just have the one address. You know those corporate spam filters-sometimes good people have to suffer

enjoy the racing this weekend guys
bfd

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
bill,

i'll talk to buff this weekend and see what he recommends. i'll send my message via carrier pigeon or aaron.

tex

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Bill,
That link Rosko posted is the same guy that sells them on ebay. Keep thinking of getting one of the kits myself.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got the new kit from www.vintageconnections.com and it's pretty nice. I just got the basic kit and some heat shrink tubing. It can be ordered with or without the crimping tool, which adds almost half the money, but the crimping tool is much nicer than the basic one I've been useing.
Thanks for the suggestions
BFD

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Regardless of them being cool for restorations..that OEM style hardware is pretty good for race bikes. It's all design to take the vibration and elements etc.
JohnnyB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts