Cafe Racer Forum banner

Eliminate battery

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Littlefeat69 
#1 ·
I need to figure out how to eliminate a few electrical parts and just power starter and rear brake light. Came across this 81 honda cm 400 T that someone started. Would really like some help. I restored a 400 last year and like the power and sizs

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow thats in tough shape, what is it exactly you want to do, does the motor start?

see the three yellow wires coming out of the motor, those are critical. They should all have voltage output and you need to power a spark plug from somewhere, so at least one better be working.
See the thing with the fins on it, you can't make 12 volts DC without that part.
Without it; rig up your lights, power them dead loss off a big disposable battery, job done.
I have a sneaky feeling this bike won't be seeing a lot of night riding or rain riding anyway
good luck with the repairs

#7 ·
If it's a kick start model, it doesn't need a battery to run. Ignition is self generating CDI. If it isn't kick start model, your going to spend a lotof time oushing it to bump start

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.