Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cb450 has about 7500 miles, im in the eye of the build should crack open the engine case? Who would you?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
If the bike is running good - there should be no good reason to open up an engine with only 7500 miles. Run a compression test on the engine - if that's ok then have fun riding it for the next 50K miles or so...

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bmartin

If the bike is running good - there should be no good reason to open up an engine with only 7500 miles. Run a compression test on the engine - if that's ok then have fun riding it for the next 50K miles or so...
+1
Tearing into that motor with only 7500 miles would be a waste of time and money.

FR

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
It would be different if it were an old Brit engine or vintage HD

Heck, I've seen plenty of those that had to have case splits with less than 3000 miles..... especially the triples

I've been of the opinion those were merely kit engines and it was up to the owner hopefully keep them together long enough to season them, then tear them down for a complete blueprint and improving.

The old Hondas..... about as reliable, durable, and disposable as a bic lighter with a huge reservoir

1 - 4 of 4 Posts