Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should both apologize for dissing Kenessex and for dropping threads, but I e-mailed him and he said to get a thicker skin, people here are pretty forgiving. Anyway I scrapped trying to start it knowing that the motor would need freshening up. It is mostly apart and the top end went to my machine shop but how can I get that centrifical oil filter off without the tool? I removed all the case bolt and was going to leave it on the crankshaft, but the case won't split. Has anyone ever encountered this?

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Weepster,
Welcome back. It is nice to see that UngaWunga has welcomed you also in his own little way.
You might as well get the tool, because the oil filtration system is non-existent to marginal at best. I actually remove that filter thing occasionally and clean it so that pieces of sludge don't end up back in the engine. If you change your oil often enough though it stays pretty clean.
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
ps if you want to just borrow one, let me know. as long as you maii it back

·
Registered
687 Posts
if you have an old socket to spare you can fabricate your own tool pretty easily.

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
very kind imslow but I'll buy one, I didn't realize they were so cheap. Seems like a dumb place for an oil filter though, the Clymer says remove right muffler and brake pedal?!! Thiis one appears to have never been changed. If I were to make one (my Honda guy might not have one) it's 23mm ID?

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
You should only have to remove the pipe and brake if you are removing the whole clutch cover. To clean and remove the oil filter thingy should just be the 3 screws in the small round cover at the front of the clutch cover.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts