Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ken...that's pure gold! Thanks for the linkage...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ken...that's pure gold! Thanks for the linkage...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Why not sand cast or lost foam/wax cast a new case? Would be a neat skill to master...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Why not sand cast or lost foam/wax cast a new case? Would be a neat skill to master...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Raven: I've done a little foundary work though there are several erally skilled custom foundary guys here in town that I could have do the work. I hand't considered it to be honest but I certainly am now...... I think I'd still want to build a runninf 'conversion' first though..

Curb: that's awesome!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Raven: I've done a little foundary work though there are several erally skilled custom foundary guys here in town that I could have do the work. I hand't considered it to be honest but I certainly am now...... I think I'd still want to build a runninf 'conversion' first though..

Curb: that's awesome!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I was just thinking about transmissions.... arent some of the new sportbikes using a cassette type transmission? like the zx6r. That might prove a very easy donor for a close ratio 6 speed box. I havent actually seen one of these taken apart, so the end plate might be unweildy. It looks that way from the part diagram...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I was just thinking about transmissions.... arent some of the new sportbikes using a cassette type transmission? like the zx6r. That might prove a very easy donor for a close ratio 6 speed box. I havent actually seen one of these taken apart, so the end plate might be unweildy. It looks that way from the part diagram...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Speaking of horizontal engines: http://guzzino.com/19mogufa50.html

Hey Swagger, a friend of mine spent years making casting moulds in Portland. I could look him up if you get more serious about your own cases.

NE

·
Registered
586 Posts
Speaking of horizontal engines: http://guzzino.com/19mogufa50.html

Hey Swagger, a friend of mine spent years making casting moulds in Portland. I could look him up if you get more serious about your own cases.

NE

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hey CurbT, that'd be great...never know when I'll lose my mind entirely! Ha!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey CurbT, that'd be great...never know when I'll lose my mind entirely! Ha!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts