Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the bike for it's first interstate run. Seemed pretty well. Had it a little over 80.

Anyways, when not in motion you can see that the left exhaust has a light colored smoke come out at idle. Also, it seems the left exhaust puts out a little more pressure than the right. Also, it seem the left side is a little hotter as well. Also, it seems the left side spark plug is slightly "wetter" than the right side as well... When I parked it in the garage after the ride quite a bit of smoke comes out of the crankcase breather as well while idling.

Valves are adjusted perfectly and timing/points are perfect. Compression is 169 and 174. Bike has less than 6000 miles on it. I'm guessing something with rings maybe.

-Anybody have any ideas??? should i open the engine??? Or should I run it for the time being and not worry about it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Mine smokes at first but once it warms up after a few minutes she's fine. Does it smoke all the time? I just noticed it though once it started getting cooler. The whole summer it was fine and didn't puff at all in the mornings.

·
Registered
546 Posts
What about carbs? Are they in sync? Is your left side running a bit richer?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they are... You are referring to at idle aren't you?

I am not the best with carbs, however my mechanic friend said to check that as well and my neighbor said it smelled rich.

quote:Originally posted by ZouLou

What about carbs? Are they in sync? Is your left side running a bit richer?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it seems to. although you can't really tell in the sunlight. in the shade of the garage you can really see the smoke coming out of the crankcase breather.
weird though, cause it runs really well.
quote:Originally posted by Pinche Chingadera

Mine smokes at first but once it warms up after a few minutes she's fine. Does it smoke all the time? I just noticed it though once it started getting cooler. The whole summer it was fine and didn't puff at all in the mornings.

·
Registered
546 Posts
yea. also you may want to check the seating of you jets on the left carb as they may be leting more gas by if they are cocked or loose. this really seems like a carb problem so i would focus my search there

p.s. hehe i said "cocked" hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts