Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ive just brought a 1978 CB750 in the hopes of turning into a racer but im not sure of the model number so i did some checking online and according to a website the engine is actually the 1969k0 model, is there anyway to verify this at all? also the vin number only has 13 characters and i cant find a decoder that will work for it. would be grateful for any help!!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If its a genuine K0 don't turn it into a racer. Far too valuable for such stupidity. Sell it. It should easily finance a really good racer and have lots left over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know! there was one on ebay for 10k last month! just need a way to prove it. the engine numbers are B750GE1011362 if that means anything to anyone? s

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
101 would put it at very very late 1969 but more likely a 1970 cb750 K0. You don't have a sandcast that's for sure.

Post a pic of the bike and the frame number (don't worry it isn't supposed to match the engine). the frame number is on the neck of the bike.

restoring a K0 is a very expensive proposition. There are a lot of parts that are 1969/1970 specific and people know these bikes are worth money so parts are worth money as well.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if what you have is a mutt, then why shouldn't you make something cool out if it. having a K0 engine isn't the same as having a K0 bike, and let me tell you there is nothing more worthless in the cb750 world than a 1977-78 cb750k chassis.

If you are thinking you have some great windfall by just having the k0 engine you have in a way but it isn't a financial one. Aside from the 77-78F mill, the 69/70's were the most powerful stock. They were also the mill that hot rodders looking to do big bore kits liked the most until the 77-78s came out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man! i managed to find a company that could tell me the frame is a 78 f2 but they knew nothing about the engine. would post a pic but its in bits in storage at the moment. i think i'll carry on as i was and start chopping at it soon, no harm in doing something crazy with it is there.

if i had a way to prove it was the 69/70 k0 then id be a lot happier as this needs a full rebuild and i like to know what im dealing with when im replacing parts, how did you know what year it was?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts