Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The magnificent Wooler flat 4 ~ Return of the Cafe Racers

Actually I like it. It has to rev up like a lycoming and it must sound like it will bash itself to bits at any given moment. Also I am pretty sure "petrol tank incorporating electrical system" isn't the greatest selling point.

It sure is cool though.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
that is Magic!!!!

Actually a lot of things that seem unconventional are things that others have tried as well or even used to be common. For instance it was noted that the suspension for the seat ran inside the frame - HD and Indian were doing this for several decades before this bike was invented. Using a frame rail as the exhaust is also not new, and more recently the confederate hellcat did something similar with the swingarm.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first thought was "could i do that with 4 GY6 cylinders".

One neat thing to contemplate is the crank stroke does not have to equal the cylinder stroke. So the single crank throw could be really long and the pistons not move very far at all. Or vice versa.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing that is bothersom about the article is the engine in the bike is most definitely not the disassembled engine. the cylinders in the bike are arranged in typical H engine practice.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Always wanted to build something out of one these McCulloch 2T drone engines:

drone3.jpg

They pop up on ebay from time to time for about a grand.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back in the 60s my uncle had a go kart. It had solid rubber tires on iron wheels and a mercury two man chainsaw engine direct coupled to the rear axle with no clutch. The story was the thing would go fast enough that the tires would expand on the iron wheels until people viewing it as it went by could see daylight between rubber and iron.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts