1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
they going to have another fire sale?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
The failure rate in the speciality type vehicle market is high. Prototypes are made and people fawn all over them but sticker shock, production delays, fit, finish and reliability issues along with customers realizing they like it but don't really want it eventually kill the product/company. What "Wins on Sunday sells on Monday" doesn't always apply.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Erik Buell has always been poor in picking partners. He's like Soichiro Honda, but without Fujisawa to sort the cash flow stream.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
.... What "Wins on Sunday sells on Monday" doesn't always apply.

Unfortunately, "what breaks on Sunday doesn't sell on Monday", does apply. I think the unreliability seen on track really hurt the EBR's, even though they were learning a lot and seeing improvements.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sad news. I always liked Eric Buell, his outside the box thinking and innovations. Hopefully he will be back in the future with something different.

And I also hope that Motus bikes doesn't go down the same road. The more companies the better.

·
Registered
476 Posts
We were looking into the Motus crate engines for a couple car projects the pops and I are planning. $10,220. Their stuff is expensive. I've only ever seen them at Barber.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Buell made great bikes that went around corners like nothing else.

It's just they looked like cheap junk, that didn't go around corners often enough for the bucks.

Danger, is my business."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts