Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure some of you can relate to this. Somewhere along the line I accidentally became a shelter for lost, abandoned and unwanted motorcycles. At first it was fine, saving a rusty bike from certain destruction is a good deed right? One leads to another than another and all of a sudden you have a room full of motorcycles and parts and no room to wrench! Shelves runneth over and unlabeled boxes of whoknowswhat in every corner. It may sound nice and we all grew up wishing to live with Sanford & Son but I am here to tell you: IT IS NOT ALL GLITZ AND GLAMOUR! Bikes you want to work on get ignored while others suck up your time like vampires. It is tripping over engines, losing tools, bloody knuckles and lots AND LOTS of old motor oil. Did I mention the oil?

I intend to do something about it... I am planning an escape!

To do this I will need YOUR help. My plan is to get rid of all the parts/ bikes NOT associated with the 4 I actually love to wrench and ride on.

I would like to dismantle this mountain of parts and send it off to good loving tinkerers who will actually do something with it. I am going to rattle off some random parts, bikes, pieces.... prices are OBO! or offer an interesting trade. Anything vintage motorcycle racing related is cool. Or chipwiches, I love those.
If you want something make an offer, any offer.

Behold (the tip of) project mountain:

-1980-ish Kawasaki 305 CSR $200- obo
(my neighbor wanted a project, i found this and it has sat ever since in MY shop! Has clear title, ran briefly in the spring, all there)

**[sold]*1970 Yamaha HS-1 90cc 2-stroke twin![no title] $50-obo
(I bought this from a guy who let it rust up in his yard on L.I. I had planned to make a racer of it and have stripped it to it's current state. frame, fork, wheels, engine)

-Corbin gunfighter seat for BMW G/S and GS $150-

-cb350 frames....
I have a couple of these if anyone is interested in building a racer. offers?

-cb450 tanks, sidecovers, frames, forks, wheels.... $$what do you need?

*[spoken for]cb400/ four tank and carbs $best offer

-craftsman radial arm saw $50- obo

*Aermacchi/ Harley Davidson m65ss frame, motor, controls, brakes. rough. $150-

-Honda cb seats and fenders.... tons. well not tons but at least 4 or 5 mostly cb450 come get 'em best offer

Well, that's a start. Shoot me an e-mail if you would like something.

-rosko

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Rosko,

Any Honda 350 or 360 stuff in there? I am trying to accumulate a "spares" box for just in case I need it--small stuff, etc. Right now I STILL need the bushing and bolt for a CL350 shift lever mechanism (holds pedal to frame-romote linkage, the pedal does not go directly on the motor).

Are you going to Woodstock tomorrow?

Jack

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Borz,
I'll see what I have, most are complete and in pretty good shape.

Jack,
I horde most of the useful 350 spares are in my toolbox just in case something goes wrong at the track. I think I sold my last stock linkage a while back. I'll double check. To sell I do have a spare rolling chassis and plenty of hand controls, tachs, speedos, but mostly stuff you wouldn't want on a racer.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Seth,

Is the roller a 350 or 350? Any good wheels for a 360? Mine are functional but rusty (this is a road bike, not a racer-the racer is the 350).

For some reason I thought your racer was a 360, or was that Jenn D?

Maybe I will get to talk with you at the Woodstock event. I will have either the black CA160 or the red CB360.

Jack

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Rosko,

Let me know on the wheels. Also, do you have any of the parts for the remote shifter on the CL or CB 350? Some years had the shifter direct on the shaft from the motor, and others had them with remote linkage bolted to the frame. I need the bolt and bushing that goes on the frame, but the entire linkage would be good.

Thanks,
jack

·
Registered
453 Posts
dont suppose you ever have reason to come south here to hell...........i mean south carolina? i'd like to have that kawi.

fat people are harder to kidnap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts