Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I sold a fender or something off my BMW K1200R to Ridley Scott a long time ago.

I think...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
BITD

A couple jet skis to Darien and Mike Hatcher. Hockey players. Asked Darien what his gross annual income, he looked at his older, more established brother, looked back at me and said; 500,000 a year. Then said it wasn't that much because it was his rookie season. Nice guys.

Not Moto, but I did some guitar repair and set ups for Darren McCarty's guitar guy in a side thing he did called Grinder. It was cool, as Darren was a great hockey brawler, but couldn't sing his ass out of a box of tissues. All proceeds went to charity. Surprisingly nice guy.

My crowning bit though was selling Mickey Lolich (think '68 World Series Detroit Tiger) a ST1100. Became a good relationship. Always treated me with respect and I seldom wrote any business on days he'd ride by.

There have been others, but...oh wait, I once got into a Lovely debate with Captain Sensible (the Damned) over digital effects vs. analog...super guy! Strange that just recently he was moaning on his Facebook feed about his wonderful TC Electronics (digital) multi effects box dying on stage...his stance on that didn't change over the 10 year period of our talk.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I cleaned Russ Lewis' windows about 20 years ago.. He's a news anchor in Portland Oregon.. Not bikes or as cool as hockey players but that's it.. Really nice house btw

masterdebater

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sold a '60 Triumph Bonne, '68 Triumph Tiger, and my '68 BSA Tbolt (all were hardtail bobbers/chops) to a band called Cross Canadian Ragweed. No idea who they were or are or what type of music. They had a bus and a manager so I guess they were known.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
I'm not. I was a huge fan as a kid and it was surreal to meet and hang out on his tour bus. I've never seen any of his reality t.v. but ive heard he was a prick. He was a bit of a prick to my friends but he was nice to me so fuck em lol

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I sold a couple of bikes to players from the Minnesota Twins in the '80s, whatever year it was they won the world series. Jeff Reardon was one. The other two I forget. I wasn't a fan back then and am not a fan now so it wasn't a big deal. At first I wasn't sure if it was Reardon when I was helping him, but then I noticed his gigantic World Series Champ ring.

And they bikes were Schwinns, for their kids.

One guy came in during the series, looking completely exhausted. A kid and his dad recognized him, and the dad reached over and tore a page out of a book we had on the counter. Then the kid ran up and said "Roy Smalley! Roy Smalley! Do you want to sign an autograph for me?" The guy looked down and kind of under his breath said "Not really, but I will. Then as he was signing said "I'm not Roy Smalley" (He was some other guy on the team). When he looked back at me he seemed like a guy who wanted to anywhere but there at that moment.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I powder coated some parts for Jeff Foxworthy's Range Rover. And some parts for one of the Harley Davidson executives bike.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jeff foxworthy and his range rover? You might NOT be a red neck if you own a range rover especially with powder coated parts lol

masterdebater

1 - 16 of 16 Posts